Xbone: Machinima Achievements

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Games & Content' started by lokomelo, Nov 18, 2013.

1. lokomelo
    OP

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Aug 19, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    Do nothing and earn achievements, that's the rule of app achievements introduced on xbox one.

Today, on Xbox Wire, they announced the Machinima app achievements, and they are even more fool than I expected, take a look:

source: http://news.xbox.com/2013/11/ent-machinima-app

the_randomizer likes this.
  2. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    watching 1000 videos on Machinima? Really? How long? Do you have to finish watching them? I'm not sure I've even watched 1000 videos on youtube, and I've been using it frequently since 2006 (before Google).

3. drfsupercenter

drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Some Xbox 360 apps already have achievements, the Karaoke one comes to mind. I had to stick my mic up to a fan for a while to get those :P

But hey, can't argue with free Gamerscore. I'm totally doing those once I pick up my preorder.

4. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    I believe these ones don't count towards a gamerscore but a media score as far as I read

5. drfsupercenter

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    Oh, well the Karaoke ones counted towards gamerscore. As do the Windows 8 free games :P

6. Daidude

Daidude The genius

Apr 7, 2010
    somewhere

I use you tube frequently although not as frequently as some and I've watched over 2500 videos in the last year according to my youtube watch history albeit some of them may not have been watched fully to the end. I doubt you've not even seen 1000 videos if you've been using youtube "frequently" since 2006.

7. Niksy

Niksy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2010
    Why are people so anal about achievements? Like, do you really care about your gamerscore?

tbgtbg likes this.
  8. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Are they even relevant anymore?

At this point, Meh-chinima would be a more fitting name.

9. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    But how else will foul mouthed 12 year olds know I'm better than them if I don't have a giant gamerscore?

Niksy likes this.
  10. Issac

Issac I

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    Sweden
    Oh, how can i find my watch history? Would be interesting to see... maybe I've seen 10,000+ videos, I have no idea :P
    EDIT: I found where you can see the viewing history... but they stop counting at 10,000 apparently, so 10,000+ was obviously not as exaggerated as I thought it would be! Also saw that I've been a member since Mars 2006)

Well, I don't care about achievements like this. But when it comes to games that has achievements, I have to get them just because I want a feeling of completion. (Mini-OCD feeling)

11. drfsupercenter

Mar 26, 2008
    United States
    This. Even after you beat the main story, often times there are little things you have to go back and do to get a 100% complete on the achievements. Granted, sometimes I intentionally play games with easy achievements just so I can feel like I've beaten more games ;)