Hacking X9: am I missing something?

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I've been trying the first 36 games of the DS rom set.
From #0001 Electroplankton, to #0036 Daigasso.

I've used the following environment:
- Latest loader/firwmare, I downloaded it yesterday from the official website
- A Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB microSD, one of the best & fastest microSD cards out there
- Unfragmented microSD card: I formatted it first then put all the games at once
- I created all the sav files with the .exe tool that comes with the loader package

And my results are:
- almost all games either do not load, or freeze in game quickly
- only 2 games are playable but with graphic glitches (asphalt & zoo keeper)
- only 1 game works flawlessly: Pac Pix (Eur & USA)

am I missing something?
scorpei's X9 wiki reports they're almost all working...

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
After reading this, I decided to test some of the older games myself. I used an X9 with the GUI Beta 2 loader with a Kingston 1GB TF card.

From 1-36, I only had 3, 9, 32, and 33

3 is Yoshi Touch and Go (U), and despite the Wiki saying that it doesnt work, it does for me (On turbo and auto load)

9 is Space Invaders (J), and it works fine for me (on turbo and auto load)

32 is Bomberman (J), took a few reboots of the DS in order to get it to work on slow and autoload

33 is Kenshuui Tendo Dokuta (J), and it works fine for me on turbo and autoload.

other than bomberman only working after a few reboots, the others I tested seem to work fine.

I have no clue why they don't work for you, maybe TF card problems :?

Try setting the TF card speed to Fast (not turbo). Yes I know the TF card you have is a great card and all, but just try setting the speed to fast or, dare I say, medium, if fast does not work.

7llusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well I manage to play a lot of major games(animal x-ing,castlevania,opera etc...+naruto), only Pokemon Diamond, Metroid and fat homebrew doesn't work, I guess that, either you're using the faulty(it seems to work, but when you use another reader, you notice that the roms suddenly start working) card reader or the microsd is fragmented.
Also, some games seem to be only able to work on cards that require turbo speed...
Illusion

prosper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DO NOT be fooled by these Ninjapass X-9 FANBOIS!!!!

So many games still dont work!

But according to the admin and mods over on the forums everything works for them so everyone else must be doing something wrong!!!!

The compatability of TF microSD cards is laughable.

They even went as far as to say Castlevania POR works with GUI beta3 on the wiki list, even though beta3 loader is'nt even out yet!

Why have they changed the wiki but not given us the loader??

But thats just the way it has always been with Ninjapass team, empty promises again and again and again......

When you buy something with your hard earned cash, you expect it to work like it should, like it says on the box right???

but this is a joke, 3 months later and it still cant play metroid prime hunters as it doesnt even load or castlevania por without crashing in menu screens.

I suggest people take a close look on the X-9 Forums before they even think of buying this card. DONT TRUST THE WIKI!!

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, dont trust the wiki. The wiki says that Yoshi Touch&Go (#0003) and Cars (U) don't work, and I just tested and can confirm they DO work (tested with Kingston 1GB TF set to Turbo and autoload). (however, I also tested Metroid Prim hunters, but sadly it still does not work....)

animalsex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The x9 F*()@#$ sucks. I had one, It 'worked.' The save corruption issues (ESPECIALLY AFTER 5 HOURS OF PLAYING A GAME!!), card speed selection, and the lackadaisical attitudes of the admin put me off. I am not going to even start about that wiki and compatibility issues. I returned it a week later, and Chris from supercardstore.com was nice enough to let me exchange my ninjapass for a new r4.

My advice to anyone with one is to get rid of it as soon as possible. And to buy an r4 from supercardstore.com
tongue.gif

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
What exactly does everyone do to their X9 in order to corrupt their save? I myself have beat EBA, have a month of Brain Age, and almost completed NSMB, all on my X9, yet I have not encountered any save corruption. =?

prosper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its not on all games, like the ones you mentioned saved fine for me too, but I get corruption on mario and luigi and magical starsign. The real problem is the big name games such as metroid dont work at all, and there the games everyone wants to play.

prosper

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well seeing as though the games you want to play work fine for you, I would take that as a no.

But then again everyone else wants to play POR, Prime hunters, dead and furious etc etc.......which this card cannot play!

But if you want to take it personally and be a fanboi then be my guest, to everyone else I suggest you buy a card that actually works....

sarah99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A lot of the problems with the X9 appear to be linked to it's inability to read/write to the microSD card correctly.
If you use a slow Sandisk microSD card most of the problems go away (but using the slower TF cards causes game slowdowns)
Using the faster Kingston (Japan) microSD cards cause many save and running problems.

Best to buy a R4/M3 simply that seems to work well with any TF card.
The supercard DS1 also has a few problems with slower TF cards (and the very fast cards) but generally works quite well.

bullet007

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, new loader is out, and Metroid Prime Hunters is working! (as well as some random JPN game and Finding Nemo).

Now the only games that do not work are Pokemon D&P, Cars, Monster Bomber, and Monster House. =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1