OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
*bump, first post updated with new videos

old video's have been "digitally remastered" to be compatible with wide screen TVs (you wont get the empty black space on the left and right sides of the TV anymore)

all video's now have two versions, one with the an intro/ending legend splash screen and one without

all download links are now on mediafire (or mediafire & rapidshare, please try using rapidshare links first where applicable)

first post now also has detailed instructions on how to install and configure crazy intro video. It also has instructions on how to make your own video's compatible with crazy intro video.

More video's should be coming soon
biggrin.gif

Enjoy

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Finally got around to updating this thread (I made these videos months ago!)

6 more video's can be found in the first post of this thread

(they are the last 6 videos on the list in the first post of this thread)

[*]Dragon Ball Z Final Quest 3 (Amazing Fan Made Live Action Film)[*]Trolololo (Song/Video that Waninkoko suggested be the new cIOS installer music, lol)[*]Nostalgia Critic 2 (4 second shocker clip)[*]New Super Mario Bros Wii[*]The House Of The Dead Overkill[*]TMNT Smash Up

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome XFlak, I was only able to get the video from the crazyintro1.0.2.dol file to play though.

I have three videos that are avi files named video1.avi video2.avi video3.avi they are short clips and they are actually avi files but they wont run just returns to system menu.
Kinda frustrating but I'll keep trying

I uninstalled the priiloader I had and installed the one in your download, copied all the contents to my 2 gig SD root as well.

I'm not really expecting help but that would be cool.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working, finally phew that was some bullshit, just had to format my sd card. Doh!

I just gotta say man X-Flak good work this is awesome, I'm surprised this thread isn't bigger and looks like you started this thread in 09. I just want to share my recent situation with this. I stumbled across the original crazy intro youtube vid and tried it out without luck since I'm on 4.2 and have a later version of priiloader than .28. So after some googling I found this and after a day or so I got this working.

The reason I wanted this to work so bad (not only for my wii) because my friends wife secretly bought a black wii for him and I'm softmodding it setting up surround sound and their brand new 45" TV. He's the singer for my band and he really digs Alice in Wonderland. The other day I was at his place and saw he had a firefox persona that has the chesire cat on it. So that reminded me of a DreamScene vid I saw recently that has the Chsire Cat so I thought this crazy intro would be perfect for his new Wii!

I was pissed when the original crazy intro didn't work, I was about obsessed enough to try and learn how to code with DevkitPPC, it probably would have been even more of a nightmare since I don't know C++ C# and what not. Fortunately you've done the job I wanted, plus extras like a bunch of good youtube videos and adding the shortcut function which is awesome in my opinion as well, very cool!

So that's my rant for the day
yaywii.gif

Thanks for sharing dude

Here's the Alice in Wonderland Chesire Cat vid I converted it using the tutorial.

Chesire Cat vid preview http://www.megavideo.com/?v=BJMHICTI

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will most likely find some more videos and convert them for this so I'll upload them to this thread in the future.

The wtf vids are perfect for this I agree, especially the Trololo lmao.

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Warren_303 I am having problems getting it to work for me also. You said that you had to format your sd card and then it worked. What did you format it to? I have all my homebrew and a ton of other stuff on my card so I would like to know if this is needed for my situation. Thanks

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SSSMOKN said:
@Warren_303 I am having problems getting it to work for me also. You said that you had to format your sd card and then it worked. What did you format it to? I have all my homebrew and a ton of other stuff on my card so I would like to know if this is needed for my situation. Thanks

Well that was one of the last things I tried, I formatted it to FAT32 as it was before. Sometimes things get out of wack and sometimes doing a backup and format on the SD fixes it. Formatting fixed a previous problem I was having with a Wii Doom forwarder. I suppose it happens after adding homebrew, games, files, etc. for so long. It may not be your issue with this though.

You need to double check everything that's needed for this, formatting is something you could consider although it's hard to say without knowing what firmware you have, what version of priiloader, and what videos your using. Also the fact that the .xml file needs to be edited according to your video names exactly. I am using 4.2 firmware and I'm sure X-Flak is using that too since that's what he mentioned in the description or readme.

Let me know the answers to the Bold above and I'll do my best to help you out.

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
XFlak already knows my opinion of all the vids that are created for crazy intro, and it's not just his videos. I would love to see some original work that hasn't been converted between formats and resolutions 100 times, and also for them to be short, just a couple of seconds long.

What kind of video's did you have in mind?

Pound a couple beers and show us an example
grog.gif

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
@rizzod, lol, the nostalgia critic is fucking awesome! And those clips are purely to get a 'wtf' reaction

...Dougs a good guy yes... but the guy who runs his website is a bald ass douchebag

L33AL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone thought of using this program to have animated health screens as part of their themes. Here is a VERY simple/subtle one that I made to go with a Mario World theme... now all I have to do is get off my arse and make a Mario World theme
laugh.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@L33AL, that is awesome!!! Seriously, I love that! Can u plz post a download link to the video (otherwise I'll have to settle for a lower quality youtube rip!)

Thanks a lot, and I hope to see more stuff like this from u in the future!

ps. u mind if I add it to the first post (when I get around to it)? Giving u credit of course

L33AL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No Worries X-Flak here is the mediafire link.

The video is ready to go (size and format wise) and feel free to add it to the front page. Thanks for the kinds words and for the tutorial and videos! Also a big thanks to WiiCrazy for the app

p.s if someone knows where to get the sound clip for yoshi swallowing I would much appreciate a link to it. cheers

Mr.M0t0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried out all the themes that came with it and worked fine but im not sure what im doing wrong i have crazy intro version 1.1 i set crazyintro.xml to videos put the theme.xml and downloaded a video and put it in the videos folder but after it installs and and i restart it just dsi errors it

L33AL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which version of pre/priiloader are you using? Try installing the one from the from the package on the first page

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night. +1