iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wwdc2012.jpg

Mac Books and OSX

Mac Book Air's 13 inch and 15 inch received new specs update with USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, FaceTime HD 720p, Intel Ivy Bridge Dual-Core processors, and 512 GB flash storage

Mac Book Pro's 13 inch and 15 inch received also same new specs with Quad-core ivy bridge, usb 3.0, hdmi, 720GB flash storage, 16Gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (15inch only)

At the last minute they pulled out a new Mac Book Pro Retina display, this new device has retina screen 2880-by-1800 15 inch display with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, and all other specs from the other Pro's except no CD drive and ethernet ports, they removed these to make it as thin as a Mac Book Air

All new macs are buyable today

OSX 10.8 showed more features and a GM was released today comes out in July Facebook, Twitter integration, Messagesm iCloud integration, and 200+ more features

iOS 6.0

The next iOS update for these supported devices
iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 (GSM/CDMA), iPhone 4S
iPad 2, iPad 3
iPod Touch 4th Gen
Apple TV 1, 2

surprisingly they removed support for third gen iPods and the 1st gen iPad, why would they drop support for 1st iPad and leave iPhone 3GS beats me (only apple thing)
Some noteable features include Siri with more functions and iPad 3 can use it
Facebook integration
App Store, iBooks, and iTunes UI updates
Photo sharing
Maps overhaul with turn by turn and 3d fly by using Tom Tom built in (iPhone 4S and iPad 2+ only turn by turn and 3D mapping)
New Passbook app that can store your gift cards and coupons along with airplane tickets (for the new iPhone will probably have NFC support to hold credit cards)
FaceTime over 3G (finally!)
More phone features integrated with lockscreen message people to call them back and to remind to call later
Safari and Mail improvements
and 200+ more features to come

iOS 6.0 beta 1 was released today for devs and is expected to come out this Fall with the Next Gen iPhone to come stocked with iOS 6.0

Source
icon11.gif
http://www.apple.com/ Key Note: http://events.apple....vent/index.html

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im curious to see how the next gen iphone handles 1. jailbreaks 2. the up and coming 4G networks. I would like to have a speedy 4G iphone on my unlimited data plan.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a grandfathered plan from Verizon. I snuck in when they had a month of unlimited data for like $30 for family plans. I bet it was to jumpstart the family plans to buy smart phones. And... it worked for me haha.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"The Next Gen iPhone to come stocked with iOS 6.0"

That's not true. Who confirmed this? I mean, it's obvious. But it's not "confirmed" the next iPhone isn't even confirmed to exist yet.

-----

I have a grandfathered plan from Verizon. I snuck in when they had a month of unlimited data for like $30 for family plans. I bet it was to jumpstart the family plans to buy smart phones. And... it worked for me haha.

Verizon's said if you ever want to move from a 3G device to a 4G(LTE) device they won't let you keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan. Also, they've said they're not stocking 3G devices anymore. Only LTE from here on out

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

That's not true. Who confirmed this? I mean, it's obvious. But it's not "confirmed" the next iPhone isn't even confirmed to exist yet.

-----

Verizon's said if you ever want to move from a 3G device to a 4G(LTE) device they won't let you keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan. Also, they've said they're not stocking 3G devices anymore. Only LTE from here on out

that's why i was asking.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-----

that's why i was asking.
Thats what ive heard. I might see if i can find a loophole. I have a few friends.

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-----

that's why i was asking.
Thats what ive heard. I might see if i can find a loophole. I have a few friends.

ok
@iFish its assumed the next iPhone is coming out this Fall with iOS 6.0 and LTE/4G
@bortz and @iFish on Data plan yes there is a way to be able to keep your unlimited data its by buying a new device outside of the upgrade wtih Verizon, so if you go to ebay and buy a new 4G device all you need to do then is just register it under your account and you get to keep your unlimited the only downside is that you cant get the discounted price to upgrade your phone so when teh new iPhone comes out this fall i will be buying it from Apple directly unlocked then registering it with verizon so i can keep my unlimited data

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depending how the iPhone 5 whatever delivers, i may or may not get one. Im getting tired of having the same phone as everyone else.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
iOS 6 not coming for first gen iPad but coming for iPhone 3GS?

Just weird.

Siri for new iPad? About time.

FaceTime over 3G? FUCK YESZ

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Are the ipad 1 and 3GS exactly the same? I dont know im asking, the iPad might be able to handle more. Its possible the 3GS has much less under the hood than the original ipad.
The iPad uses the A4 chip, used in the iPhone 4. I think the main reasons why it isn't supported:

1. iPad has a much larger screen = more rendering.

2. iPad doesn't have any cameras

3. Battery might be largely affected (remember the iPad is largely advertised for its 10hour battery life)

Overall, I'm hyped for iOS 6, but not too much for MacBook. The new Pro (fatter one) looks nice and the price is quite acceptable, but I don't like shelling out $2500 just for it.

I can't wait for Siri on iPad and the Cantonese option. Sounds very good.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the ipad 1 and 3GS exactly the same? I dont know im asking, the iPad might be able to handle more. Its possible the 3GS has much less under the hood than the original ipad.
The iPad uses the A4 chip, used in the iPhone 4. I think the main reasons why it isn't supported:

1. iPad has a much larger screen = more rendering.

2. iPad doesn't have any cameras

3. Battery might be largely affected (remember the iPad is largely advertised for its 10hour battery life)
OH OH i read that wrong. I thought it was the other way around. Sorry about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    also scary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Chasers and homophobia.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They're very common on social media.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ik about the phobias Im used to it but what's a chaser
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Whoever you disclose your gender identity to, keep it private between your friends.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    irl or online
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Always is online.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pretty much.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    eh I don't keep it private, not much happens except idiots on TikTok making a fool of themselves
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    im still curious as to what a chaser is tho
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, A chaser is someone who uses (mostly trans) individuals to their advantage, stuff that they are uncomfortable about.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    thats weird
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    blahaj will keep me safe
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    damn I forget my school blocks every video
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Right, yeah.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it +1