Hacking WUP Installer stuck on bigger games.

tomekad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
First of all, hi everyone! I'm glad there are still people who share my love for Nintendo!

My setup: white Wii U (haxchi), Samsung 5400rpm 250gb hdd y-cable-powered, SanDisk Ultra 32gb SDHC.

I think nobody posted this issue yet, as I googled it in many different ways and searched this forum with no luck. So everything worked flawlessly so far, I've managed to install 7 or 8 games, the biggest of which was 6gb Most Wanted, but when I tried installing AC4 (+update, total 15gb) or Watch Dogs (21gb), the installer gets stuck at the very beginning. The app itself doesn't freeze (background is animating, music still plays). After every reset though, it gets stuck in different place, but there's still no progress in the freezing point (30, then 120, then 50mb). Should I just give it more time? Usually after 15min of no progress I would to reset it and try installing again. Right now it's been stuck on 29.6/19704.0MB for 30 minutes.

EDIT: a video: streamable. com/nqbe7 (copy and paste)
EDITT: WUP installer y-mod returns error 0xFFFcFFBF, found couple threads with this error code.
EDITTT: so far I only used funkii to get game files, will try Wii U USB Helper and 'copy to SD'.
EDITTTT: Wii U USB Helper and 'copy to SD' don't work either, returns either 0xFFFCFFBC or 0xFFFBF3E2 'Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder. Try power down.'
EDITTTTT: New idea: is it because I have a white Wii U? And games >8gb won't install on the USB HDD because they can't fit inside NAND?
EDITTTTTT: No, it's not that. 11gb BOTW installed just fine.

Last edited by tomekad,
Reactions: JAB03

gcunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this problem (or similar) too.

Last night it installed Xenoblade Chronicles X (19gb) first time, no problem. Tonight, installing Bayonetta (11gb), it's frozen at 67%.

Had the same problem before with other games. Smash took several attempts if iirc.

Reactions: JAB03

Xander222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get this problem (or similar) too.

Last night it installed Xenoblade Chronicles X (19gb) first time, no problem. Tonight, installing Bayonetta (11gb), it's frozen at 67%.

Had the same problem before with other games. Smash took several attempts if iirc.
I know it's not the topic but were can I get WUP Installer ready games? I only find Loadline and WUD games. I would really appreciate your help.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely either your sd card or your hard drive. My first guess would be sd card. Try transfering all the files from your sd card to your PC then re-format it to FAT32, and copy the files back and retry if it happens again.

Or if you're not using WUP Installer GX try it instead.

Last edited by ,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I know it's not the topic but were can I get WUP Installer ready games? I only find Loadline and WUD games. I would really appreciate your help.
Use Wii U USB Helper: https://www.reddit.com/r/CemuPiracy/comments/8gj8z8/workaround_download_and_run_wii_u_usb_helper/
You will probably also need to add the title key site to your hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts on Windows) since the domain expired a few months ago:
104.129.56.137 3ds.title...
104.129.56.137 wiiu.title...
URL censored because it's not allowed to be mentioned.

GhostWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as we speak my WUP installer just froze at 60% while installing Splinter Cell Blacklist, i'm still on the WUP installer screen and can see my HDD isn't flashing the light like it normally does when it's being written to, just stuck at 60%. What do you guys think I should do? do I exit out of homebrew launcher forcefully and hope it doesn't corrupt some data?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So as we speak my WUP installer just froze at 60% while installing Splinter Cell Blacklist, i'm still on the WUP installer screen and can see my HDD isn't flashing the light
Make sure the HDD has a good power source. Also try to install with either NUSspli or WUP Installer Y mod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled