1. ruffo

OP ruffo Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    So, I have downloaded BoTW with FunkiiU, the keys for it are correct and WUP installer starts the installing process, but after a while the screen turns black -not off, just black- and the console unresponsive. Then after manually turning off and on from the console, I check the available space and there is none taken, like nothing ever happened.

- using a 16GB USB stick which I have tried plugging in the front USB ports as well in the back top port. the USB is completely empty. I have moved all my -not so many- installs to NAND to avoid available space issues.
    - running CBHC which goes by default to sysmenu.
    - WUP Installer version is 1.3 rev 21.
    - stand-by function also disable from system settings
    - also I disable the -sort of- secret "sleep mode" option from data management settings as seen here, although I think that is a specific option for HDD's

Also I would like to mention that I have previously acquired games with FunkiiU and installed with WUP Installer successfully. Largest game I've tried so far was DKC Returns which is around 4GB. As I write this post, I'm trying with ZombiU

I have done my research and honestly I haven't seen much about an issue like this, so I'm feeling pretty lost.
    Thanks in advance for taking the time and further help

2. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    E1ite007, ruffo and Lostbhoy like this.
  3. ruffo

OP ruffo Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    I see, thanks. Sadly I don't have Windows so at the moment I can't try what you suggest. Neither I have a spare HDD, I'm being doing Wii U stuff just since couple of weeks.

One question though: since I don't have a HDD and I have plenty of space on internal storage, could I rely on this instead? Would I get black screen anyways?

jeannotte likes this.
  4. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    If you have the black wii U, you only have 32 GB of internal memory.
    If you have the white wii U, you only have 8 GB of internal memory.

You don't have a lot of internal memory in the console, so that's why you have to use an external hard drive to format the Wii U. After that, it's up to you.

If your game is correct, you will be able to play it.

If your game is corrupted, there will be black screen or will not start.

Last edited by jeannotte, Oct 18, 2020
  5. ruffo

OP ruffo Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    I have the black 32GB version, that's why I want to know if I can trust the installing process by using NAND instead since I don't have a HDD. I don't mind using it for BoTW, I have plenty free space.
    I wanna be sure because I have read that if the installing process goes wrong while installing to NAND I will have a hard trying to get the space back.
    Tldr: will wup installer crash to black screen anyways with a large installing like BotW even while installing over NAND? Thanks in advance

6. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Addict

France
    Hello

you can install over Nand or USB, there is no reason that it should not work.
    you have to install the complete game (game, dlc, update .......

You can always go to the console settings ==> then "" data management "", then delete what you want that does not suit you.

Last edited by jeannotte, Oct 19, 2020
    ruffo likes this.
  7. ruffo

OP ruffo Member
    Newcomer

Chile
    Hallo Leute. I'm back to discuss this issue after trying different games/downloads:

It seems to be a problem with tje downloaded files instead of just large games; I have downloaded Captain Toad (wii u, tried with USA and EUR) and Super Mario 64 (NDS version) and both at some point made WUP Instaler collapsed as explained before.

So yea, just a little update until I can figure this out. Chao for now

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installing, Installer, screen