WUP installer error

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by guldx1, Apr 28, 2017.

1. guldx1
    OP

guldx1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    So just today I installed homebrew on my Wii U, everything worked out fine and now I'm trying to install Zelda BotW through WUP installer. I downloaded the game through Wii U USB Helper and put the files in the SD:/installer, launch homebrew launcher through the web browser and launch "WUP Installer - Y Mod" (or something along those line). I've tried to install the game both to my "system memory" and USB but each time it just says: "Install of title 00000000-00000000 failed. install Error: MCP_InstallGetnfo 0xFFFBF3E2 Confirm complete WUP files are in the folder. Try power down.

I've tried naming the installer folder both with and without a capital "I" and I've also tried making a folder inside the "installer" folder but it still always says the same thing.
    Please help.

2. Joshwraith

Joshwraith GBAtemp Fan

Jun 4, 2009
    Mexico
    Check is the name of the folder containing the installer files does have special character such as: ™ ® é etc. , if so then just remove the special character.

3. baselhamad

baselhamad "F*CK israel", Free Free Palestine #فلسطيني_وأفتخر

Mar 27, 2016
    United States
    Bethlehem, West Bank. Palestine
    did you used a hacked 3DS SD Card? if yes, then you must put another SD Card

4. guldx1
    OP

guldx1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    Nope, literally bought a completely new sd card today.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The folder is just SD:/install/breath of the wild . As I said I've also tried without the "breath of the wild" folder

5. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Your game must weight certain amount.
    If it doesn't redownload using USB Helper and check Copy to SD option. Even if there's a network timeout then it will retry and check if all files are correct.

6. guldx1
    OP

guldx1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    I downloaded Wind Waker HD (because its smaller and takes less time to download and I wanted to see if another game worked) but just same error there

7. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Either reformat your SDCard to FAT32 32kb cluster size or try another SDCard/Another Wup Installer. [Y Mod/GX2]

8. guldx1
    OP

guldx1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 21, 2017
    Yooo, this fixed it, I just reformated the SDCard like you said and now it's installing, thanks!

JAGame and Felek666 like this.
  9. JAGame

JAGame Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2017
    United States
    I was trying to load a couple of different Zelda games including Breath of the Wild but was getting the errors. I reformatted the SD card and that did not work. My problem turned out to be the directory structure of the games I was installing. Once I pulled the install files out of the sub-directories, everything started working. If anyone knows where I can find user guides for the WUP Installers and stuff I would like to read through them. There are tons of install guides but I have found very little about how to actually use the apps once you have the applications installed.