Hacking WUP Installer Error MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a number of a games using the correct USA region using Wii U USB Helper. I then copied one of them, using the same program, to my SD Card (FAT32 format).

When I view my SD Card, I see two folders: "Install" and "wiiu". The wiiu folder is straight from the Wii U USB Loader Starter Pack I downloaded from the link included here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/5dqi2u/wii_u_piracy_tutorial_run_games_from_usb_or/

It contains the "apps" folder and inside that are the various apps.

The "Install" folder contains the game folder - in this case "SUPER MARIO WORLD 3D [0005000010145C00] (USA)"

I then insert the SD card into the Wii U. I also attach my USB drive to the Wii U, which has formatted in the Wii U settings. My Wii U is version 5.5.1 U.

I next open the internet browser, clear my cookies, and go to www.loadiine.ovh. I first select the "Kexploit 10 (Loadiine - HBL)" and submit. It works fine. Next I return to the website and hit submit on "Homebrew Launcher 1.4 (5.5.0 - 5.5.1). It opens the launcher, and I load "WUP Installer Mod".

Brings up a black screen and my option to install is USB or System Memory. I tried both. In both cases, I get the Error: MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2.

I cleared my SD card and tried the same exact process with a second game. Same error. I rebooted my Wii U and repeated the process. Same error.

I've tried Google searching and the recommendation is to remove any special characters from the game title folder. I don't have special characters in either game I've tried.

And ideas what I'm doing wrong? Would be much appreciated!!

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a number of a games using the correct USA region using Wii U USB Helper. I then copied one of them, using the same program, to my SD Card (FAT32 format).

When I view my SD Card, I see two folders: "Install" and "wiiu". The wiiu folder is straight from the Wii U USB Loader Starter Pack I downloaded from the link included here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/5dqi2u/wii_u_piracy_tutorial_run_games_from_usb_or/

It contains the "apps" folder and inside that are the various apps.

The "Install" folder contains the game folder - in this case "SUPER MARIO WORLD 3D [0005000010145C00] (USA)"

I then insert the SD card into the Wii U. I also attach my USB drive to the Wii U, which has formatted in the Wii U settings. My Wii U is version 5.5.1 U.

I next open the internet browser, clear my cookies, and go to www.loadiine.ovh. I first select the "Kexploit 10 (Loadiine - HBL)" and submit. It works fine. Next I return to the website and hit submit on "Homebrew Launcher 1.4 (5.5.0 - 5.5.1). It opens the launcher, and I load "WUP Installer Mod".

Brings up a black screen and my option to install is USB or System Memory. I tried both. In both cases, I get the Error: MCP_InstallGetInfo 0xFFFBF3E2.

I cleared my SD card and tried the same exact process with a second game. Same error. I rebooted my Wii U and repeated the process. Same error.

I've tried Google searching and the recommendation is to remove any special characters from the game title folder. I don't have special characters in either game I've tried.

And ideas what I'm doing wrong? Would be much appreciated!!
Rename your game folder to something simple like "SMW" and try again. If that doesn't work try using WUP Installer GX2

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Might also be bad files. Wii U USB Helper is not 100% fail proof. Try using FunkiiU to download the game and compare your files.

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried two different games. Downloaded at two different times. I suppose I can try that again.

Before I do that, I'm trying a different Wii U Helper guide. This time I'm using this one:

It says I need to install rednand first. The guide I'm using to install rednand is here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-custom-firmware-w-sigpatches.446818/

I'm currently in the process of formatting my SD card. The process says;
Welcome to redNAND!
Detected 8 GB MLC NAND type.
Format of SD Card finished successfully
slc = 000400000 / 40000, read code 00000000, write code 00000000, retry 0
slccmpt = ........

And here it is taking forever to finish. The guide didn't say anything about this part of the process!! It just says "Your SD card will be formatted and redNAND will be set up ... power off your Wii U"

So the process ays the formatting finished successfully, but it still looks like it is doing something?! Power off or let it finish?

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other guides say I don't need redNAND and it didn't work anyway. So now I'm going back to the original guide and the only suggestions I've received are re-titling the gam folder (didn't work) and re-downloading the games. So I'm re-downloading a couple of smaller Mario games using Wii U USB Helper. I'm headed to bed and I'll try this again tomorrow. Disappointing that this is not working like the guides say it should. If anyone else has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You just make your life harder using rednand. Why not install haxchi before attempting to install downloaded games? Check out Kafluke's guide to hack properly your console. Avoid youtube's guides.

D

Deleted User

Delete that Reddit link since that reddit contains links to warez and overally related everything to piracy, like piracy sites, torrents etc.

It might be a bad dump in that case just use Wii U USB Helper to download games, oh and just get rid of redNAND and move to sysNAND. You will not regret it.

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I am downloading the games to SD correctly and I've got the homebrew app on the SD card. It has to be a problem in the Wii U end.

If anyone has an easy step by step guide for how to prep the Wii U and get games from the SD card installed to USB, I'd really appreciate it.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I am downloading the games to SD correctly and I've got the homebrew app on the SD card. It has to be a problem in the Wii U end.

If anyone has an easy step by step guide for how to prep the Wii U and get games from the SD card installed to USB, I'd really appreciate it.
As I was saying, read Kafluke's guide. https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-noob-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.451297/ Install haxchi, and you'll be running a CFW. Wait a bit to get used to the new environment before installing CBHC. Safer, that way.

Reactions: mirak

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. So that guide says I don't need to install Haxchi and go through all those steps as long as I don't mind using loadiine.ovh to launch the HBL, which is fine by me. I'd rather do that than continue down the road of tinkering with custom firmware.

If I just want to use WUP Installer via homebrew via the website, what do I need to do?

I downloaded a "wiiu" package of apps for my SD card that includes homebrew and wup installer. Does anyone have a link to the best and most up to date package of these apps for download?

Once I go to loadiine.ovh, do I need to run that "kexploit 10" process first (what does that do?) or just the HBL?

Maybe I just got bad game data so I'll try again tonight with the small Mario games I re-downloaded (each is less than 2gb and I'm only going to try one at a time), but I'm trying to nail down the Wii U steps to make sure I'm not missing a step. It doesn't sound like I am but please let me know.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. So that guide says I don't need to install Haxchi and go through all those steps as long as I don't mind using loadiine.ovh to launch the HBL, which is fine by me. I'd rather do that than continue down the road of tinkering with custom firmware.

If I just want to use WUP Installer via homebrew via the website, what do I need to do?

I downloaded a "wiiu" package of apps for my SD card that includes homebrew and wup installer. Does anyone have a link to the best and most up to date package of these apps for download?

Once I go to loadiine.ovh, do I need to run that "kexploit 10" process first (what does that do?) or just the HBL?

Maybe I just got bad game data so I'll try again tonight with the small Mario games I re-downloaded (each is less than 2gb and I'm only going to try one at a time), but I'm trying to nail down the Wii U steps to make sure I'm not missing a step. It doesn't sound like I am but please let me know.
Yeah all that is true, but things seam to just work better under CFW

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Launch internet
Load www.loadiine.ovh
Select homebrew launcher 1.3
Hombrew launcher will load
Select Mocha
The wiiu will load to sysmenu
Select Internet
Load www.loadinne.ovh
Select Homebrew launcher 1.3 again
Homebrew launcher will load
This time select wup installer y mod
It will load then select the game you want to install
The game will install then play the game it's that easy lol.

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have Mocha listed in homebrew launcher. Which makes me think maybe I don't have the best apps package on my SD card. Link to best package for this process?

Or is the problem that I've been using HBL 1.4 instead of 1.3? I could try 1.3 but how do I get Mocha? Shouldn't that be in my apps package on SD card?

Last edited by mirak,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have Mocha listed in homebrew launcher. Which makes me think maybe I don't have the best apps package on my SD card. Link to best package for this process?

Or is the problem that I've been using HBL 1.4 instead of 1.3? I could try 1.3 but how do I get Mocha? Shouldn't that be in my apps package on SD card?
Mocha can easily be found on this very site lol https://gbatemp.net/threads/mocha-cfw-the-sweet-chocolate-to-your-latte.452940/ and 1.3 is a more stable version than 1.4

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Stop downloading "SD packages" from YouTube guides. They will always be outdated. It's much easier to get the latest version of any app and just manually copy it to your sd. HBL just shows you what is on the SD. You can manually copy elf files to the SD or just use the homebrew app store but steer clear of prepacked bundles.

Reactions: AmandaRose

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful. Hopefully this is my problem. Rather than do a google search which can be unreliable, can you provide a link to the most simple and reliable wup installer app? I'll get Mocha from the link above. Then I'll run HBL 1.3. Do I need any other apps or will that be sufficient?

Thank you so much everyone for your help.

D

Deleted User

Wonderful. Hopefully this is my problem. Rather than do a google search which can be unreliable, can you provide a link to the most simple and reliable wup installer app? I'll get Mocha from the link above. Then I'll run HBL 1.3. Do I need any other apps or will that be sufficient?

Thank you so much everyone for your help.
OUTDATED. Use wiiubru.com/appstore for latest releases.

mirak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry one more question. What does that kexploit 10 thing do that I ran from loadiine? Did that mess anything up that I need to correct? Or is it lost after I reboot the console?

D

Deleted User

Sorry one more question. What does that kexploit 10 thing do that I ran from loadiine? Did that mess anything up that I need to correct? Or is it lost after I reboot the console?
It uses kernel exploit to launch HBL. It's not permament.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't want to be confused with "kexploit10" and whatnot just use my page online. Loadiine.ovh/kafluke.

Also, you asked for links. All the links are in the noob guide along with instructions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That YT was sooo Hysterical Syl. ROFL