Homebrew WUP files to code/content/meta?

Gearface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I'm trying to remove the dark filters on N64 VC games - Paper Mario specifically. The game installs just fine from USB Helper into WUP GX2, where it's ~80 mb. When I use the "Unpack (Loadiine)" option in USB Helper to get the code/content/meta folders, it drops to ~60 mb. I changed the filter, repacked it (still 60 mb), and it installs fine, but freezes on start-up. The thing is, I tested it by just unpacking it and then repacking it without changing the filter, and it STILL froze on start-up.

So: Download -> Install: works just fine
Download -> unpack -> change filter -> repack -> install: freezes
Download -> unpack -> repack -> install: freezes

I'm thinking it has to be an issue with the file sizes, but I have no idea how to fix it or what could be causing it. Anybody have any experience with this?

Gearface

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried uwizard? iirc, it can decrypt wup installs to code, content, meta.

Ooh no - I've never heard of it! I'll do some research and see what's what. I should also mention that I followed a tutorial to extract the folders directly from the Wii U using FTPiiU Everywhere, and had no luck installing with that method either.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as far as I remember, it can only decrypt them after downloading. I don't know about install files that are just sitting on a computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.