Hardware WTF Nintendo?!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Trying to get the new amiibos like Shulk, King Dedede and Meta Knight are practically impossible for the standard price because they're sold out everywhere and it doesn't help that they didn't make a mass quantity for these amiibos. Mega Man and Sonic (maybe some others) don't suffer from this issue thankfully but it's fucking upsetting that all stores have zero of it.

Ness, Pac-Man, Robin and Lucina are the next amiibos to be released but even them are already going for higher prices.

*smh* God dammit Nintendo get these shortages fixed because it's shit people want to buy!!

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yes, http://wiiudaily.com/2015/02/west-coast-port-strike-affecting-nintendo-supply/. You can only hope the New 3DS XL MM will be restocked if/when things get back to normal.

Also, http://wiiudaily.com/2015/02/nintendo-sold-out-amiibo-3ds-xl/.

I'd hope that Nintendo gets their shit together and makes more batches of Shulk, King Dedede and Meta Knight because it's unacceptable the situation that it's become. Like seriously, no Shulk during its launch day?! *smh*

I also read this from that link and it's not good news: http://wiiudaily.com/2015/02/ninten...4e7bbf3a4b57a05&at_ab=per-3&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Fingers crossed Zavvi doesn't cancel my Ness amiibo pre-order.

Edit: I'd love to enter a game/toy store and then see the amiibos like this:

original.jpg

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd hope that Nintendo gets their shit together and makes more batches of Shulk, King Dedede and Meta Knight because it's unacceptable the situation that it's become. Like seriously, no Shulk during its launch day?! *smh*

I also read this from that link and it's not good news: http://wiiudaily.com/2015/02/ninten...4e7bbf3a4b57a05&at_ab=per-3&at_pos=0&at_tot=1

Fingers crossed Zavvi doesn't cancel my Ness amiibo pre-order.

Edit: I'd love to enter a game/toy store and then see the amiibos like this:

original.jpg

Conspiracy theory all the amiibos are at blockbuster and can be bought on Craigslist which is why people can't find them.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
That literally looks like one of the Nintendo aisles at the bigger department store around me. Why the hell are you stalking me, WiiCube_2013...
You lucky bastard. >_<

I remember visiting E.Leclerc in Andorra and it had shelves filled with Dragon Ball mangas, Wii U games and plenty of games/toys but damn, all that is pretty scarce in UK retailers.

I envy you guys. :(

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I think Nintendo knows what they're doing- exploiting their fans.

They're limiting stock intentionally to make people rabid for them. A friend who works at a local EB Games let me in that they only sent them the amiibo stock that was preordered for the store, and only a single amiibo per character to actually display on shelves. Any doubles on the shelves were only due to cancelled preorders.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Of course Nintendo limits stock intentionally. This is in their interest for two reasons: 1. they sell out faster (which consequently makes the perceived value of amiibo higher and thus a better product to sell) and 2. they never have to keep amiibo in inventory. Compare this with Skylanders and Disney Infinity figurines, which are abundant and take up store shelf space. There's no telling how many of them are kept in inventory at warehouses. That's money lost as it's doing nothing. Nintendo's amiibo are making money for Nintendo, they're not just sitting there as inventory.

Nintendo wants you to preorder amiibo and buy them as quickly as possible because any other way they'd stay on store shelves with the rest in warehouses, which is money lost for Nintendo. And that's what amiibo is all about: a way for Nintendo to make money. Their strategy has been extremely successful considering how quickly even modestly "rare" amiibo tend to show up on eBay only to be sold at 2x or even 4x the RRP. Essentially amiibo sells on its own, Nintendo doesn't even need to market them that much because the hype takes over for that on its own. :)

amiibo cards will be another way for Nintendo to make money, though it'll be interesting to see what their strategy is for such cards. They likely don't want to make too many of them as they'd cannibalize sales of the figurines, but on the other hand they're supposedly coming out to "combat" the short supply of amiibo figurines (which is entirely intentional and part of Nintendo's business plan). I wonder if the amiibo cards will instead be bundled with compatible games like AR cards for 3DS.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Apparently some retailers are getting the amiibos I want but for now it's being kept in hush-hush so that scalpers can't get to them when the time comes.

P.S.: This is hilarious how Khail joked about the amiibos.

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You lucky bastard. >_<

I remember visiting E.Leclerc in Andorra and it had shelves filled with Dragon Ball mangas, Wii U games and plenty of games/toys but damn, all that is pretty scarce in UK retailers.

I envy you guys. :(

In France Amiibo are at 7.90€ each in E.Leclerc and we don't suffer about stock problem :P
Also I remeber they gave New 3DS XL MM 2 weeks before its official release :P

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't understand the whole Amiibo thing. Do they even have a purpose? They seem to be a collectors item, if nothing else.
I like owning some of the figures just for display because IMO, they look really nice and are from games I enjoyed so why not if one is financially able to.

I've just saw that on eBay the new wave was sold for £96 which includes the three rare amiibos - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nintendo-...475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fc14886b

These are the amiibos I have currently:

a4TxoHC.png

It's pretty lonely without Shulk, King Dedede and Meta Knight. :(

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand the whole Amiibo thing. Do they even have a purpose? They seem to be a collectors item, if nothing else.

Some games use certain ones to unlock certain things. Some games (just Smash so far but eventually others) use them to save certain data, kind of like a tiny (they don't hold much) memory card of very limited use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol