1. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    good evening today I accidentally loaded a nand of another switch of mine I can do rcm mod but as soon as i launch a playload the nintendo writing arrives and then the card is black screen and formatted in fat32. do you have any solution? the switch is permanently dead?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Do you have a NAND backup from that Switch? If not, the Switch probably isn't recoverable.

3. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    no I don't have a copy of the nand do you say I should buy another one?

Last edited by Softpj98, Feb 16, 2020
  4. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I'm curious, how do you flash the wrong nand, surely you wouldn't even attempt to flash the nand unless you thought you had a backup, if not, what were you trying to achieve.

Either way your switch is dead

5. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I had made two copies of the two nintendo on micro sd marked obviously I wrote badly and I can no longer find the other micro sd all here if there are no ways I will buy another nintendo

6. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I confirm that my switch is completely blown, no other buene in mind a way to repair it? maybe changing the motherboard?

7. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
  8. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    hello I confirm that and a console that you can put the mod and 2017 before the error was with the mod atmosphere

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i should downgrade or up

9. pcwizard7

Australia
    you follow the guide to get a working nand again then update to the latest from there. REMEMBER only works for UNPATCH SWITCHES

But i d remove all sys modules and title mods to and make sure your sd files are up to date first and see if it fixes it

Last edited by pcwizard7, Feb 17, 2020
  10. duckbill007

duckbill007 GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    He can not do it: after wrong backup restored original PRODINFO is lost forever.

Lacius likes this.
  11. pcwizard7

Australia
    it's also possible he may have a backup from incognito? do u have a emunand on sd card u could pull it from that otherwise yes u would need a new one

12. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Yeah, check your sd card for a prodinfo backup, even just booting up atmosphere for example would create one. It's likely you have one, or even if you wiped your sd you could recover it.

TunaKetchup likes this.
  13. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi guys and thanks for the advice, sd card that i used and i just had the damage happened i used another sd card to do the tests.when you tell me that the necessary backup files are inside my sd card i have to look for prodinfo? but the sd card was entered when I restored the wrong nand

14. pcwizard7

Australia
    the prodinfo file has be created on the sd card and you restore to the internal memory, not the sd card

15. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy

the file I found is called XAW00000000000_PRODINFO there is also XAW00000000000_BISKEYS. in the guide which step should I perform?

16. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade I haven't tried this myself, but a quick read tells me that instead of taking the keys from the NAND in the guide, you should use those files you have instead. Don't delete them and back them up to be safe.

17. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    In hope that it's not too late by now... The fact that your backups are called XAW0000... means that you used Incognito and the backups Atmosphere made are from after that.
    With this your PRODINFO backup is trash (try to find the original with the same serial as your Switch), but your BISKEYS are what could save you.

18. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Hi

Attached Files:

19. Softpj98

OP Softpj98 Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    hi have the file prod.keys

20. Resaec

Resaec GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Ok, thats good news. Check if the SBK from your photo matches the "secure_boot_key" in your prod.keys file.

If it is, first thing: Make a FULL backup of the current state of your Switch. BOOT0 AND BOOT1 AND SYSTEM.
    It does not matter that they are not working right now, but you might need them if something goes wrong. (like it already did)

With this, it should be possible to >RECREATE< your NAND. You should now be able to find someone able to help you witht that.

Remember: Without a valid certificate, which incognito removed (and you should have a backup of on the SD used at that time), you will not be able to use Nintendo Services.

Last edited by Resaec, Feb 22, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - restore, wrong,