Hacking Wrong Hardware?

XxSupernoobxX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr.. I just got a red ds lite and I got an r4 as well. When I put everything in, there was an error in chinese that said something like "wrong hardware". Does anyone know what this problem is and if it can be fixed?

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you turned on the DS without the R4 in it? If you haven't, you have to set up the DS before you can use it.

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the right kernel for your R4? I'm still new to the R4 and haven't even received mine yet, but perhaps you're trying to load an English kernel onto a Chinese R4 or vice versa?... I'm pretty sure the Chinese R4 can only load the Chinese kernel, while the English one can only do English, French, and Korean, but I might be wrong. :/

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No prob
biggrin.gif
Anything for a fellow temper! And I don't think we welcomed you to the Temp, so, welcome
biggrin.gif

oushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link pika gave has the Chinese kernel (aka firmware). You can also get it from the official site at http://r4ds.com/download.htm You can't click the English button on top, because that shows all the downloads that work with the English R4. You have to navigate the Chinese page to get files for a Chinese R4.

Hope that solved your problem.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs.