Hacking Wow, TeamCyclops Forums Are Done For....

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE "Yeah no problem, I'll arrange that when I can be arsed.

The thread you insulted a member on was the thread where you *****ed about Team Cyclops talking about broken promises, that insulted me. In fact this PM is insulting me now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollabackitsobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by spen83
Dear hollabackitsobi,

You have received an infraction at Team Cyclops Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Insulted other memebers
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
Team Cyclops Forums" QUOTE

lol could I get a link to the thread that I "insulted" a member in? rofl... I just want to see the proof. Thanks.

Ok, if that copypasta is too confusing to read, I basically got an infraction from this thread : http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthrea...p?t=3827&page=8

Where i was expressing my disappointment with the customer service provided by TeamCyclops, why is kind of what SUPPORT forums are for. Then, Spen83 gives me an infraction. Laughing at how stupid I knew it was (even though I didn't know the exact cause, I hardly ever post on their forums, and when I do, I knew it wasn't inflammatory enough to warrant an infraction)

I replied with the request "lol could I get a link to the thread that I "insulted" a member in? rofl... I just want to see the proof. Thanks.", maybe he took offense to the HORRIBLE references to such acts as "lol"ing and the commonly taboo "rofl"ing? After that, he replied saying "Yeah no problem, I'll arrange that when I can be arsed.

The thread you insulted a member on was the thread where you *****ed about Team Cyclops talking about broken promises, that insulted me. In fact this PM is insulting me now."

Wow. He was offended when he isn't even a member of TeamCyclops, just a mod on their forums that most people checked once a day for shipping announcements and now RTS announcements and then exit post haste to GBATemp? That's disregarding the fact that expressing disappointment with a product is what support forums are for, as I previously stated. Then he gets "offended" by my reply and seeks to lengthen his e-penis by imposing another infraction on me.

So to end this comical tale of love and cyclopes, TC forums suck (mainly because of Spen83, who gave him mod status?).

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Seriously this is futile ... You just prove you need a Temp Ban ;-)

You started on 10-21-2007 :

first messages :

QUOTE said:
lol, I actually registered on the forum just to post that the DS isn't powerful enough to play .mp3s while simultaneously running a game. The PSP is, though.

QUOTE said:
Of course there is. It's called iRshell and it's been out for years. The PSP can do a lot of things the DS can't. From what I've seen, you need a CPU running at about 70mHz to properly play mp3s, and...

When will the next shipments come
frown.gif

I'm so tired of waiting I might get an Acekard R.P.G., they look pretty promising.

Your comments & profil remember me someone else ... but who cares except me ;-)

Nice to see you are not posting spam anymore Peace ;-)

Update : add quotes from first posts ...[/b]

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sounds like Cyclo team are a bunch of arseholes. Deleting negative threads and banning users of their product is not on.

I don't see what is wrong with those posts ghost? They're not offensive,
flaming etc.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you should considering tossing out cyclos evo and pick up another card. Probably an R4 or an M3 DS Real. lol
Plus Its OVER PRICED!!!!

Honestly though if you can't express your opinion about a product openly then why bother have a forum dedicated for it. Stupid!

locki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TC forums isn't that bad, its helpful if you need help and actually talk about the things related to the forums. The forums there is to talk about TC products, thats why its there for.

Whats the point of flaming about other products and other things besides in relation to TC? If you don't like the ds buy a psp. If you don't like the cyclods buy another product. No one is forcing you to buy a cyclods

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see why you received an infraction. Beggars can't be choosers.Â
yaynds.gif

lol, heh. Well I really like the CycloDS, but from having a job, I firmly believe that the customers are always first and they should be treated with the utmost respect, especially when voicing concerns about products they have purchased using their own money from you (I use none of my parents' money to buy anything, all out of my pocket for everything), so of course I'm concerned. And if you look at the posts, I was never "begging" for anything. I was simply wanting them to live up to the promises they made to customers who bought their products. Who doesn't want that?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I could see why you received an infraction. Beggars can't be choosers.Â
yaynds.gif

lol, heh. Well I really like the CycloDS, but from having a job, I firmly believe that the customers are always first and they should be treated with the utmost respect, especially when voicing concerns about products they have purchased using their own money from you (I use none of my parents' money to buy anything, all out of my pocket for everything), so of course I'm concerned. And if you look at the posts, I was never "begging" for anything. I was simply wanting them to live up to the promises they made to customers who bought their products. Who doesn't want that?

dare I ask, what promises? What's wrong? CycloDS looks like a pretty great card to me.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who flames the CycloDS are just jealous faggots because they cannot afford one. Best card, best support, what else is there?

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I believe that Nintendy here made a comment categorizing people against said flashcart as homosexuals. Certainly that's grounds for "censorship" as well, isn't it? If he doesn't have a problem throwing around the word "faggot" he certainly shouldn't have a problem being accused of performing acts of fellatio, correct?
wtf.gif

Please, if he wants to exhibit acts of ignorance, let him receive the proper feedback he deserves...
dry.gif

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE([M said:
artin @ Dec 18 2007, 04:13 AM)]Hmm, I believe that Nintendy here made a comment categorizing people against said flashcart as homosexuals. Certainly that's grounds for "censorship" as well, isn't it? If he doesn't have a problem throwing around the word "faggot" he certainly shouldn't have a problem being accused of performing acts of fellatio, correct?
wtf.gif

Please, if he wants to exhibit acts of ignorance, let him receive the proper feedback he deserves...
dry.gif
Agreed. I think Opium just left his message untouched so others can see what exactly a fanboy is when/if they have not seen one yet. (Which they should have by now)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, Nin10doFan has had his warning level increased. No need to inflame the situation as it seemed [M]artin was doing though. Although I certainly can see where he's coming from
wink.gif

Anyway back on topic.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I have nothing against hollabackitsobi and i understand complaining people as long as they stay polite and they don't create multiple threads.

TC forums were open and free and moderate by power and helpfull users ( TC only ban themself a guy one time* for suggesting breaking a white CycloDS to freely exchange with a black one...). I found them far better than most of others cards forums with daily contributors and direct talk with devs and high activity rate.

The only and big problem is the high level of noise since recent problems of stocks. Out of noobs, respect of the forums rules and first read of the faqs is a common recommandation before posting more useless repetiting threads or poisoned messages.

Some people are surfacing with the card success and are always complaining and create repetiting polls or rude threads , not to mention multiple accounts, just for pressuring the Team about delay, failure rates and endlessly repetiting the same arguments about customer rights etc.

The level of noise increase so much it was not possible anymore to read the general team posts or the bugs/suggestions reports. Even News relating to TeamCyclops products and activity made for updates became a daily war field.

I am against ban in general but i see how moderation is necessary to keep the good spirit and now i am thinking about leaving or staying silent ... since communication level drop from high to poisoned.

I still love Humans ;-)

So please don't flame a fan or a mod ... error is human even when generated by a computer ...

Update : * TC answer post
QUOTE said:
We check every single defective unit returned to us, and we will know if the unit has been damaged intentionally. If we find that somebody has returned a unit which has been intentionally damaged, they will NOT receive a replacement and we will not send their original unit back unless they pay for the return postage. In addition, we can not offer to exchange white EVO's for black. If you MUST have a black EVO, then I suggest waiting a few more weeks.

As for DrWarm, I'm disgusted that you are attempting to get people to deceive us and take advantage of how we support our customers. Keep in mind that no other team is offering to replace faulty units free of charge. You've just earned yourself a permanent ban and if I see anybody else doing the same thing, they will face the same fateÂ
mad.gif

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Never had problems with the forums, Cyclods evo is a great card.

I just find it stupid, to throw out such things in public asap, people should learn to relativate stuff.

It's not cause 1 guy pisses me off on a forum, that i need to hang out the dirty wash in another forum about that forum.
If i didn't like gbatemp forum, i would not been here, no need to stick in a forum i don't like or, where guys fuck around with me.
AND i certainly don't feel the need to shout it out in other forums. What one guy hates, another one loves, that's the way it is.

(ah, i miss the good ol' days where you got "RTFM" as answer when asking some help about a product!, and that was it, now ppl shout in a way like this., The world is comming to it's end without "RTFM"!)

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spen is a douche bag. Yeah, I guess you were trolling the forums a little. But nothing to where I would temporarily ban you for it.

I'm telling you, that child will moderate anyone that speaks out against TC. He's a huge fanboy.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cyclo is a great card i sold my r4 for it and im glad. also all these going mad about faulty carts its not teamcyclops's fault its the factory and team cyclops are replacing them all. also team cyclo are trying to get realtime saving working as best as they can before they release the update. so for any 1 on there forum asking wheres the update why dont you try coding a flashcart yourself

hollabackitsobi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course the CycloDS is a great card, that's the reason I bought it. And the unfulfilled promises I'm referring to are the promises of a firmware with RTS being released within "a few days", and that was posted well over a week ago now. It isn't as if they haven't been promising RTS from the get go, either.

Also, I'm not doing this to "air out dirty laundry" or start gossiping about anything. I'm just putting this out there to show people what's going on and also to poke a bit of fun at how unnecessary it was.

Oh, and tomqman, I've posted about people who say things like you before, and I really dislike it. Code for the flashcart myself? Don't you think that if I could do that I would? The very purpose of buying things is because you can't produce them yourself. If everyone could make a car in their garage or build their own houses, there would obviously be no market for those types of things.

But, since people can't, they exchange money to have those services provided by a company to give them what they need. If you just paid for a multi million dollar house, and they made you a one room shack, would you just build your own?

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here ya go, an example...

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showpost....78&postcount=13

Not sure why you got a warning, as there's absolutely nothing insulting there. The only thing here is that spen83 seems to be the cranky mod, sorak05 is ok but his English seems to be pretty shaky at times, and Shane just doesn't seem to want to get involved in the mess...

[EDIT]
The forums are, mostly, pretty good, but sometimes I've got to wonder, especially when compared to many other "official" forums both for other DS flash cards, and entirely different products... e.g. AMD forums
[/EDIT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn