WoW anyone?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by TheTwoR's, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010

WoW anyone? by TheTwoR's at 8:40 PM (1,883 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. TheTwoR's
    OP

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    Hello tempers [​IMG]
    Do you play World of Warcraft?
    My friends list is pretty much empty so I might as well fill it with tempers so we can team up anytime easily.
    Like the idea? [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, if you agree, PM me or post down here your character's name so I can add it.

2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I played it for a couple months then got bored. If I kept going another few days, I'd've hit lvl80 on 2 characters. That was on Nordrassil, although I've got a couple friends on other servers.

3. TheTwoR's
    OP

Belgium
    Hmm... I always thought I'd find a good number of tempers playing WoW.
    Like... How did it get boring?
    Did you ever enter a dungeon [​IMG]

4. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Im still casually playing WoW (Under 3 hours a week possibly) and are currently on LK =.= Had my chance to kill him with some Pugs and friends but let go of that chance.

5. Originality

United Kingdom
    I've tried a bit of everything. In all of the secondary skills I had over 300 points (including fishing, and that's a real time hog). I've explored every continent and done the majority of quests. Towards the end I was only working my way through the Northrend quests to get the final levels and try and get enough money for the final flight upgrades. And yes, I've done most dungeons dozens of times except for heroics, which I apparantly need special items for. There's just a point where it all becomes the same and I just got bored.

I'll prolly get back into it when Cataclysm comes out, but until then I feel the same to it as I feel towards RO and L2. The only MMO I'll never lose my love for is T4C, but half of their servers have been shut down (it's that old).

6. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Played it for a while, got a pretty good geared enhancement shammy on Xavius.
    Armory Link

But I got bored, so haven't been playing for a while now.

7. Revolution [9]

Member Revolution [9] GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I played for 2 days, probably 2 hours accumulative, on a private server (not going to pay for something I wouldn't keep up with) to try it out. I swear, so fucking boring. I had nothing to do: just seemed like every other MMORPG. Grind (and not with those sexy Night Elves mind you), buy stuff, make virtual friends. I could go on like... RuneScape for that. And it's free!

8. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    Lol.
    No.

Try playing on a retail server, where stuff actually works.
    Where there actually are more people online.

9. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    WoW never seemed appealing. Too much emphasis on constant grinding. I played Guild Wars for a good few years and that didn't emphasis on grinding at all. You reached the level cap (which was 20) like halfway through the main story of any of the Guild Wars games. Plus there weren't any harsh penalties for death or anything (if you died, you just got -15% health and magic for each time you died, capping at -60%, until you went to a town or outpost). And almost anyone could get good weapons if you had enough cash or were lucky enough. It was more about using good builds and strategy than grinding to be the best and using uber weapons.

Maybe I'm just "casual" for MMOs, I don't know.

@Revolution [9]: Don't lie, you're a huge WoW player. You're a nerd.

10. Originality

United Kingdom
    Firstly, Runescape? Just. No. Don't compare it to WoW. No.

Secondly, Guild Wars is a very different game to WoW, which is why I liked it. I've played just about every single aspect of GW, a few times over. There were even a few months where I did many of the dungeon runs to rack in the money. Its flexibility compared to WoWs grind/quest-fest is what kept me playing for so long.

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Honestly Runescape, for what you're getting, isn't a bad package. For $5 a month you get a MMO with constantly updating quests and stuff to do, a pretty active online community, lots to do, lots of stats, and a pretty nice selection of creatures. Sure graphics aren't exactly high res or anything but for the package it's not a bad game. Not that I'd play it again any time soon but for the time I wasted on it in my late elementary school/middle school years, it was a pretty nice game.

12. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    Kaillera anyone?

13. Devin

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Computers Specs=Sucks

It won't run WoW. My new laptop might.... [​IMG]

14. Originality

United Kingdom
    I'll confess to spending a lot of time on it too and becoming rather good at mining runs, in my high school days. I had something like 400+ gold bars in my bank, although I never actually payed to play the game - money was a rare comodity as a child. I also think that the skill system and economy were admirable in those days. But it was never a good game as a whole. Story aside, it just never had any depth.

15. GutsMan.EXE

Member GutsMan.EXE GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    My brother got me into wow like 2 years wow. I started at the beginning of the summer holidays after a operation to which all i could do was lay in bed and play games/ watch tv. I set it up so i could play lying down.

He told me i should play so i started a trial cause i really didn't want to pay for something i knew nothing about. i got hooked straight away i got to the level 20 cap for trials in 3 days so that was a waste. Then Blizz being so slow i had to wait TWO whole days for them to upgrade my account from trial to standard. After that it was all fun and games.

When i hit 70 WoTLK was just around the corner and so no much raiding happened but i managed to epic out my crappy blues and greens to shiney purples [​IMG]. Then when wrath came out i moved from Darkmoon Faire to Lightning's blade.

I was around 78 when i joined a good guild and when i hit 80 is when it all started, monday-friday 19:00-23:00 GMT raiding and i couldn't do anything else but that during that time, it was crazy but also tremendous fun i spent hours and hours on it, any free time i had i logged on.

I stopped just after we cleared all of Ulduar apart from algalon to which we were 2 hard modes away from getting the key. The guild kinda went downhill from me leaving wow but we're joining up again for cata maybe on a new realm maybe not cause LB's ratio of horde:alliance is ridiculas to the point where no one bothers to do anything when they invade SW cause there's to many of them to us [​IMG].

When i start again definately play with you guys [​IMG].

16. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    Yeah, I play on Misha. I just started about two days ago, and I'm only level 8. Once I get level 10, then I can do some dungeons. I have a dwarf paladin "Dardus"

17. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Start at lvl 15 where u actually get access to dungeon finder.

18. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    Never got WOW working on this crappy laptop. Oddly enough I did get Final Fantasy XI working though so I played that for a while until I lost my job and couldn't afford the monthly fees any more. Quite enjoyed it. Was part of a linkshell where the white mage turned out to be a really hot girl in my area who I'm now good friends with.

19. TheTwoR's
    OP

Belgium
    The one thing I hate about WoW is how you can't just choose which server to log in to. Your character has to stick to the same one unless u pay. -_-
    Anagronnos server anyone?

20. megawalk

Member megawalk The Legendary SRW Addict

Netherlands
    meh i play Private Servers to troll against blizzards pricings >.> or whatever excuse i can make up to play Private Servers