• No, not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ENDscape said:
I am a nerd but halfway. The way i socialize and my style makes me look like im not a nerd but what i do on the computer makes me a nerd. My friends cant even believe i play games and stuff(the girls at least).

+1 im not a obvious nerd, well im not really a nerd anyways but I duno, hard to say really

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
I am not really a nerd. I am more of a geek, I guess

I know quite a bit of computers and games, but when it comes to the really technical side of things, I almost know nothing.
I play sports a lot and I look normal, not bad, not good.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
When I was asked by a guy and his cousin on how to download games on iPod Touch, I said everything and then he says "He's a geek ain't he???". I took it as a compliment. Why deny when it doesn't harm me in a way?

I'm not really sure...do tell me! I mean I know a lot about computers and most technologies, but I don't give a darn about the electronics and stuff. I do enjoy Big Bang Theory (maybe I can relate) and play a lot of Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I am reliable for fixing my mate's computers, from using common sense to specifically finding what kind of RAM is exactly needed. At the same time, I have a very normal and casual appearance.

Good topic
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are three major groupings here:

Nerd, geek & dork.

The nerd is specialized in one or two main areas. They can talk for DAYS on those couple of topics, and CAN retain some form of social standing.

The geek is one that has abilities in multiple categories but can function in other areas of life just as the normies do, but don't look like a fool to the nerds.

Dorks, well, they're in a special category. A dork can be a nerd, and MAYBE a geek... just with utter and complete social awkwardness.

I have my nerdier side about some things, but a group of girls that became my best friends in college college taught me the social graces needed to become the well rounded geek i am today
wink.gif
(speaking of which, i was just in the wedding of one of those girls, on New Year's Eve. Pictures will be appearing as soon as i get my hands on some
wink.gif
)

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a nerd. I know several programming languages, I know all about electronics and enjoy taking things apart... ( My iPod 5.5G 30GB is in pieces next to me because it needs a new front case, battery, and headphone jack/hold switch/piezoelectric chirper unit
tongue.gif
)

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but without all the disadvantages. The majority of my friends are pretty normal, and I go out a lot to do normal, non-nerdy things. I do know a lot about video games and computers in general, but I try not to let that affect my social life.

takun32

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
too bad theres to section for muscularly ripped nerd. unless im the only one of my kind, i have a friend whose kind of a muscular nerd but then i dont think hes really that big, he plays video games alot, but then he likes cars and stuff...would liking cars be considered a nerd? real cars not miniature ones LOL.

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If I was a nerd I would be damn proud of it. In my eyes nerd is a person who knows about computers, plays video games and you know, knows stuff. They aren't like those primitive assholes who drink every night thinking it's cool. They make me sick. But you see, I a'm a failure so I'm just piece of trash. Look at me, trying to use every chance to write about my f***ed up life.

D

Deleted_171835

Dwight said:
Yes, but without all the disadvantages. The majority of my friends are pretty normal, and I go out a lot to do normal, non-nerdy things. I do know a lot about video games and computers in general, but I try not to let that affect my social life.
+1.

Exactly.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
takun32 said:
too bad theres to section for muscularly ripped nerd. unless im the only one of my kind, i have a friend whose kind of a muscular nerd but then i dont think hes really that big, he plays video games alot, but then he likes cars and stuff...would liking cars be considered a nerd? real cars not miniature ones LOL.
Nah. For some reason, tunning and cars in general are considered a really "cool" and "in"... so no nerd there. You've got muscles? That really is pretty rare. I can hold fine on a fight, but I'm just about slightly above average muscle-wise. Both because I hate the gym and because girls I usually date tend to dislike muscular guys, so...

QUOTE(ortomedius @ Jan 6 2010, 07:32 PM) If I was a nerd I would be damn proud of it. In my eyes nerd is a person who knows about computers, plays video games and you know, knows stuff. They aren't like those primitive assholes who drink every night thinking it's cool. They make me sick. But you see, I a'm a failure so I'm just piece of trash. Look at me, trying to use every chance to write about my f***ed up life.
That seems slightly contradictory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup