Would any MicroSDHC work for AceKard 2i?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by elb, Dec 10, 2009.

Dec 10, 2009
  1. elb
    OP

Newcomer elb Newbie

United States
    Hey Guys, been out of the game scene for awhile. Sold my cyclods last year, but kept my ds lite. I figured that was an expensive card I bought for just playing basic roms. I don't really need anything else. So I just ordered an AceKard 2i, just in case I upgrade to a DSI. Anyway, I notice that the gbatemp review says that "standard" micro sdhc is supported. So my question is what is standard? Because when shopping for a sdhc card, I notice there are class 2, class 6, transcend, etc. Are those not standard?

Please advise and thank you in advance!

2. Overman1977

Member Overman1977 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You should be able to use any of the cards you listed with AceKard 2i. Enjoy!

3. scrtmstr

Member scrtmstr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    any microsd will work. The class is just a mark for the writing speed, any writing speed will do. Some brands do work better then others. The most reliable are kingston and sandisk. I've got 2 kingston cards, a 8gb class 6 and a 2gb class 4, and both never corrupted.

4. jakey103

Newcomer jakey103 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    All should work, but I've heard of some 16gb ones not working. Can anyone confirm this?

5. Arwen20

Member Arwen20 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a sandisk 16 gb micro sd card in my acekard 2i and it has been working without any problems. In my experience you can use any size or brand micro sd card in your acekard.

6. elb
    OP

Newcomer elb Newbie

United States
    Thank you everybody!

7. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    yup they all work

8. Supersonicmonk

Member Supersonicmonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    From what I've heard the only difference classes make is slightly faster save speeds, the basic guidelines I use for buying a card is make sure its a reliable brand like scandisk and look at its reviews before buying. because the review is quite old now I assume that any problems with card support have been fixed by firmware updates