Hacking Worried about piracy

D

Deleted User

kytran said:
hehe
you have a limit?
so when you hit 600 , the internet stops?

hehe im still working on a few more things should be able to break to 3.7gb before new years... hopefully
frown.gif

im sitting at home with a T3 = 45meg pipe
smile.gif

Well here we have a download Quota, I'm on 50GB a month, which is actually considered as alot.....I'm also on 1.5mbs.....
Oh well Rudd promised to build us a better infrastructure..

kytran

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ahh im limited here... its after 30gig in a month they change you 5$ for every 5gig you go over the 30 but MAX charge of 25$ addition to your bill.

so usually if i hit the 30gig or even the 45gig i say... F it ... and just download everything i can see
tongue.gif

lolol

D

Deleted User

kytran said:
ahh im limited here... its after 30gig in a month they change you 5$ for every 5gig you go over the 30 but MAX charge of 25$ addition to your bill.

so usually if i hit the 30gig or even the 45gig i say... F it ... and just download everything i can see
tongue.gif

lolol
yeh here they just slow us down to dialup speed, but no extra charge...i would prefer what you have though...

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
I wouldn't worry too much if I was you. If i was taken to court I would have my lawyer force the judge to play 10 random Wii games out of my stack of 250. I'm sure after that the judge would probably make Nintendo pay me damages for pain and suffering.

As far as a friend who is a cop seeing copies laying around............

Wasn't Eaglesoft a bunch or Cops and Firemen from Chicago?

Eaglesoft being the top pirate group from back in the C64 days.

Whatever happened to that eagle with the floppy disk in his mouth!? Haha... yea I had few of their members on my BBS back in the day... that was when there were pirate post wars in the messages section on my modded Color 64 bbs... those were the real days of a pirate! arrr! The winds won't drift the sails across the waters like it did back in the Commodore days !
wink.gif

Anyone got a new copy of Fast Hack'em paramaters disk I can get?? haha

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
thawkins1 said:
o wow we can classify New Zealand and Australia have the failest net
tongue.gif
NZ is even more failer than australia in terms of internet. it costs >$30 per month for 5GB lulz thats for pretty mediocre broadband as well

L'âme Soul

Trophies
XP
Country
truballr said:
I've been caught pirating on torrents also.
If you live in the U.S and your ISP is Cox Communications, then watch out because they are issuing new rules and hunting down pirates.
What happened when you got caught?

Also, what does PeerGuardian do?

D

Deleted User

L'âme Soul said:
truballr said:
If you live in the U.S and your ISP is Cox Communications, then watch out because they are issuing new rules and hunting down pirates.

it blocks certain ip's from connecting to you, and if they can't connect then they don't know what your doing.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
L'âme Soul said:
truballr said:

it blocks certain ip's from connecting to you, and if they can't connect then they don't know what your doing.
yeah i'm on linux so i use ipblock and or moblock along with fire starter for a firewall.
i though it wasn't working at first but then i saw 4 ip's blocked not many try to see what i'm doing i guess but then again i don't torrent a whole lot.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
air2004 said:
Wow , I'm calling the cops right now on you. lol j/k
Be smart about what you do
you have to be now days afew years ago when torrents where fresh you could get files legal or other wise fast but now days some are so slow it's not worth the hassel.
no one seeds like they used to is why buncha leaches the lot of em.
even on linux os's torrents witch are legal ppl don't seed which is what i torrent for the most part.
i remember when torrents where actually faster than direct download links.

D

Deleted User

wolffangalchemist said:
air2004 said:
you have to be now days afew years ago when torrents where fresh you could get files legal or other wise fast but now days some are so slow it's not worth the hassel.

mmm if i had unlimited downloads, i would probably subscribe to a newsgroup, but it's just not worth the money when your ISP is the one limiting how much you download...

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
wolffangalchemist said:
air2004 said:

mmm if i had unlimited downloads, i would probably subscribe to a newsgroup, but it's just not worth the money when your ISP is the one limiting how much you download...
it's easier just to find a direct download for some stuff and quicker too, newsgroups as they are now aren't good enough for nothing.
there some free ones you can join but i'm not to keen on giving them my info to join they want your address and everything.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one can catch you pirating without breaking the law unless you:

A:Show a Video of yourself confessing to pirating and showing the pirated games in your hand

B:You signed a contract that allowed otherwise.

D

Deleted User

Phratt said:
No one can catch you pirating without breaking the law unless you:

A:Show a Video of yourself confessing to pirating and showing the pirated games in your hand

B:You signed a contract that allowed otherwise.

oh yah?
then why did i get that email ?
the government can do whatever they want.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get caught especially if you let your pc go unprotected from ppl trying to look at it.
all the evidence they need is your ip and confirmation that the file was dl'd by that ip.
you don't always got to jail or get fined some times your isp just cancels your contract and turns off your service.

D

Deleted User

wolffangalchemist said:
you can get caught especially if you let your pc go unprotected from ppl trying to look at it.
all the evidence they need is your ip and confirmation that the file was dl'd by that ip.
you don't always got to jail or get fined some times your isp just cancels your contract and turns off your service.
my isp didn't say anything, they just forwarded the email the recieved to me.
Also, does my ISP know what i download?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnmn8e said:
wolffangalchemist said:
my isp didn't say anything, they just forwarded the email the recieved to me.
Also, does my ISP know what i download?
i believe some can and do but they don't check or send the fbi or whatever anything to many ppl use the internet that do things even slightly illegal (even though most don't admit they have download a song or something like that)they'd go out of business selling out there customers to the feds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)