OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
Will test tonight! Thanks
Remember to test it with the default settings (hit reset all if you changed it). Then test it with whatever other settings you feel is necessary. Select Wii wheel and active in the motion-cntrls menu to use. I think it should be obvious to most people but any feedback helps. I can never be sure.

Reactions: jeannotte

Rick328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, so I tested this Wiiwheel build and reseted all values between each run/each settings adjustments as you recommended.

1) About the remote (wiiwheel) positionning: the controls are responding correctly as long as the top of the wheel is a bit farther away from me than the bottom (think like the angle of real car steering wheel, or like accelerating with your other control scheme). But as soon as this position gets slightly inverted when the top of the wheel is closer to me than the bottom (like pointing a little more to the ceiling or like braking with your other motion control scheme), then the right/left controls becomes very snappy, similar to the problem I had that we talked about earlier in the thread. As if when a certain gyro axis value gets in a negative numbers, the controls lose any kind of center dead zone. Then, just tilting the wheel forward again in a more natural position, everything comes back to normal. I have a tendency to play with the wheel straight up to be able to use the full range of the left/right axis, so sometimes if tilting it backward just so slightly, it messes up.

2) Also, not so much of a problem than maybe an adjustment: I feel like both the sensitivity and deadzone values could benefit from a bit of a re-scaling. I find myself fiddling between 5 and 20 on both (lower end) to have smooth controls, but I think they could benefit from having a little more incrementations in this range. At the opposite, I can't imagine someone using values above 60 (upper tier) on those as it become really touchy and snappy with the smallest of remote tilting. So I'm wondering if you could take all the range between let's say 0 and 50, and scale it back to 100 (0 still is 0, inexistant 5 becomes 10, 10 becomes 20, etc, and 50 becoming the new max value of 100) That would give more needed room in the lower end for adjustments. For sure that's only my opinion, I don't know if you received opposite feedback from other motion controls user...

I tried my best to make it clear, just ask if you need something, happy to help :)

Reactions: newo

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
@Rick328 1. The wiimote pitch values become very weird when the wii button faces the player but I made some changes that hopefully fixes it. I tested it with both kinds of wiimotes+ but others might behave differently.
2. the sensitivity and deadzone now has more more range. Default sensitivity is now 100%. Deadzone is default 0. Let me know if these defaults are bad.

If you want to see the pitch value it is the 3rd line of the debug text labeled "MC: P"

Beta updated, NewoZero Beta v4.12 - download link

ID-boot_2024-02-06_17-21-57.png

Rick328

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some more testing done last night:

1. Left/right control remains funky/snappy when the wiiwheel goes from straight position to slightly leaning back. Again, just leaning slightly forward and it comes back in control. So unfortunately I feel no real difference compared with build 4.1 beta.

2. The sensitivity and deadzone range expansion is great. I was previously using 15/10 respectively and now it's more like 30/20 so the scaling is good. It should allow for more room in the lower end while leaving plenty in the upper end as well.

As for default values, hard to tell but IMHO I think my settings is a good starting point: sensitivity=30, deadzone=20. I find them similar to the accessible responsiveness/forgiveness control of a game like Mariokart. Sensivitiy=100 is definitely too high, I wouldn't go higher than 50 by default on this one. For the deadzone, a minimum is required to allow for a comfortable on-center feeling or else you end up always correcting left/right... So between 10 to 20 would be good, too high and it becomes just unresponsive.

I'll continue to test some more in the coming days/weeks and let you know of my impressions.

Last edited by Rick328,
Reactions: newo

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
1. The wiimote values get really wack when the buttons are directly facing you. what type of wiimote are you using? old or the one with motionplus inside? make sure your batteries are full charged (just to eliminate that possibility). Players might have to keep the wiiwheel either straight up or totally flat.

2. The scaling is always constant along the entire range. I can do more detail in the lower vs higher.

3. defaults have been updated to 50/10. I set the sensitivity to high because playing with motion on hard cup redline is often extra difficult without quick controls.

Have you ever played uforacer? try it out and let me know if the motion controls have the same issue. I may be coding it incorrectly but no one knows what magic ninty does to make their stuff work; https://wiibrew.org/wiki/UFO_Racer

Thank you for your help! I will keep looking into the issue and inform you when I make a update to the beta. the beta link is always the same.

Last edited by newo,
Reactions: Rick328

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
New video overview of NZ just dropped on YT by djd

Post automatically merged:

Beta updated, NewoZero Beta v4.13 - download link
This is a strickly motion controls test.
I removed the sensitivity and deadzone variables so those dont do anything right now. so the beta is currently zero deadzone and max sensitivity. I think the max turn radius might need to be increased but play it and let me know how it feels. Button facing the playing is still a mistery.

ID-boot_2024-01-16_21-51-45.png

Last edited by newo,

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
You might have to up making because I never use wads. I just run the game from the hbc. I think @Zorg07 is on this forum might still have it
Hello, if I share my fully functional wads forwarders, both for Wii and WiiU (vWii). Your work is great @newo

Attachments

• Newo Zero - NEW0 (vWii).rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
  • Newo Zero - NEW0.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 14

newo

OP
Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
Jamaica
released a small update v4.14 which fixes some minor bugs and adjusts the motion controls settings to include a wiiwheel setting. I also removed the button that allows you to switch camera angles during the game because of a video I saw on youtube; youtube video link

I am not sure if he is constantly pressing the button or a button setting in dolphin is causing it to fire but you can still change the camera in the pause menu.
Post automatically merged:

An old video;

Last edited by newo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)