Homebrew Working games on the Neo Geo emulator?

MajorMajora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to use this emulator but every game I try to run has that dumb frame error thing. I'm using the 3DSX version and I've been trying to play Athena and KOF94. Neither work on here. I know Athena should work because it's very small and simple to run. Is it just me or can the 3DS not handle these roms?

coinblock

Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't tried those, but I've played through all of the Metal Slug games on my N3DS with zero problems on the CIA version. Are you using the correct BIOS files, and are they in the right location in your retroarch folder?

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the neogeo.zip (the BIOS) in the same folder as your Neo-Geo roms for the Neo-Geo games to work. Also, you need to make sure you're using the correct roms for the emulator. Athena, last I recall, is not a Neo Geo game. It would more likely be a game that runs under the MAME emulator.

MajorMajora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol wow yea I'm stupid Athena is for MAME :wacko: But for some reason my MAME emulators don't even open... And I have no clue what MAME bios I need to download to get Athena to work. And for NEO GEO, KOF94 is in the same folder with the bios so it should work, but it doesn't.

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the NeoGeo UniBIOS, put it in the "system" folder of retroarch. Should hopefully clear any problems. I play mostly SVC Super Plus on mine and it works fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a