Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
TM2-Megatron said:
Yeah, DS games are good; and while they'll (as in original cartridges) work on the 3DS, none of these flashcarts will. So they'll be dead, effectively.

what in the hell are you talking about? in 10yrs when you are in your teens you will look back on that statement and see how stupid it was to type publically. i have my original atari 2600, it is fun to this very day to hook it up and play with it. it is from 1983. why would my flash kit become "dead," ever? my GBA kits are alive and well and used in my gb micro, gba sp, and gb advance.

what alien bug crawled into your brain to convince you that the nintendo ds is the end all to be all video game system, and when they upgrade to a new platform the old systems become 100% useless?

as long as someone has a refurbished system to purchase i'll be rocking homebrew emulation on my r4 and a ds.

dead to the 3ds maybe, but dead in general, never! there is still atari homebrew, nes homebrew, snes homebrew, sega homebrew, virtual boy homebrew, atari 2600 homebrew, dos homebrew, etc, which are released each month. systems never die and neither does the equipment which allows people to play homebrew on them.

-another world

I don't consider keeping something around to be the same as extending its actual lifespan in the market. FYI, I'm already past my teens, and I still have old NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, 3 GBAs (original, NES-styled GBASP, and 20th Anniversary Micro), and 3 DS Lites. I have no intention of throwing any of it away, and have every intention of continuing to use all my flashcart devices (M3 Perfect Lite, CycloDS, the DSTWO I pre-ordered from ShopTemp, and an M3 GBA Expansion pack) with my DS Lites. That won't change the fact that at some point after the 3DS launches, many of these products will simply die out in the market and no longer be sold; or become much harder to come by (like the M3 Perfect is now, or the old EZFA, etc.). I speak merely of their continued presence in the market.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
TM2-Megatron said:
I don't consider keeping something around to be the same as extending its actual lifespan in the market. FYI, I'm already past my teens, and I still have old NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, 3 GBAs (original, NES-styled GBASP, and 20th Anniversary Micro), and 3 DS Lites. I have no intention of throwing any of it away, and have every intention of continuing to use all my flashcart devices (M3 Perfect Lite, CycloDS, the DSTWO I pre-ordered from ShopTemp, and an M3 GBA Expansion pack) with my DS Lites. That won't change the fact that at some point after the 3DS launches, many of these products will simply die out in the market and no longer be sold; or become much harder to come by (like the M3 Perfect is now, or the old EZFA, etc.). I speak merely of their continued presence in the market.

i'll accept that. =P

pakistexican88x said:
Again, late reply, but the reason I said that is because raiderscrusade said that it has support for all the latest games. I figured that meant it could play anything without having to be AP-patched. Unless I'm missing something? The only time i haven't been able to play a game on my R4 is because of AP.

2. bypass protection option doesn't work. cart limitation.

-another world

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mages4ever said:
It's amazing how you didn't figure that out
tongue.gif

Just rename your old .sav files into .nds.sav
I mean, you just saw it make a new file with .nds.sav, so wouldn't that tip you off o-o

n00bs never learn

Moac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that Wario DIY. wont work? it says processing don't turn off power. wont get past that screen.

What do I do? Perhaps its a corrupt file?

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
pakistexican88x said:
basher11 said:
pakistexican88x said:
raiderscrusade said:
It's basically the same GUI as the Acekard and also has support for all the latest games.
Late reply, but i thought it said on the front page article that it can't bypass copyright protection yet.

it cant because of the cart limitations.
Again, late reply, but the reason I said that is because raiderscrusade said that it has support for all the latest games. I figured that meant it could play anything without having to be AP-patched. Unless I'm missing something? The only time i haven't been able to play a game on my R4 is because of AP.

I looked on the compatibility list on one of the first few pages, where it stated pokemon, warioware, bejewelled etc work. They are the latest games which had an AP, and now work, thus why I stated that all the latest games work.

ben23492

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where do I put the GBA games icons.?
I downloaded them and there's a folder called GBA_icons.
Where do I put it?

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
@Another World, is there a chance you could open an Improvement/Features you'd like to see thread ?

I don't mean asking for ports and the whole rts stuff.

I mean stuff like Soft reset, it Auto restarting when changing skins.
I know you said these would be fixed, I just mean other features that could be implemented ?

Also would it be possible to have Cheats Auto-Turned on in settings instead of Global(off) ?
Just for those who don't fiddle around and wonder why their cheats aren't working and ask the question someone asked about 3 posts above.

I also noticed that to save the cheats you select, you have to generate a new .cc file, isn't is possible to Press a button(Say Start or something) and save them ?

Also when you choose a Save Slot on Settings, does the *default auto save to Slot 1 or not ? Just asking in-case I accidently overwrite if I start another game on something.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Rockstar said:
ben23492 said:
8BitWalugi said:
ben23492 said:
Where do I put it?
GBA Icons? As in, Icons for each GBA game?

Could you give me a copy of it?

This is it - http://filetrip.net/f5814-AKAIO-Custom-GBA-icons.html
Rename them to the name of your rom.bmp and put them in the same folder with rom
So, Mother 3.bmp or Mother 3.gba.bmp?

EDIT: No offense to the creator, the Mother 3 icon is terrible.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8BitWalugi said:
Rockstar said:
ben23492 said:
8BitWalugi said:
ben23492 said:
Where do I put it?
GBA Icons? As in, Icons for each GBA game?

Could you give me a copy of it?

This is it - http://filetrip.net/f5814-AKAIO-Custom-GBA-icons.html
Rename them to the name of your rom.bmp and put them in the same folder with rom
So, Mother 3.bmp or Mother 3.gba.bmp?
Well im not sure, i think Mother 3.bmp but i have never esed these icons(Dsi Xl=NO GBA) so I cant say for sure just try it out

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Rockstar said:
Well im not sure, i think Mother 3.bmp but i have never esed these icons(Dsi Xl=NO GBA) so I cant say for sure just try it out

Hmm... nothing doing with just Mother 3.bmp. I'll try .gba.bmp

EDITL Nothing doing with .gba.bmp.
For the record, I put it in the same folder as my .gba files so it's something like:
F:\GBA\Mother 3.gba
Mother 3.gba.bmp

anthony001

Trophies
XP
Country
laxman0220 said:
anthony001 said:
how do u know if your r4 is a clone?

can you post a pic or tell us what site is written on the card?
=edited=
cant post a pic but it is similar to tm2 megatrons pic.

R4

Revolution for DS
(NDSL/NDS)

can you provide me the details of a r4 clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one