Hacking wood r4 problem

hughesy321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed wood ver 1.07 it loads perfect until i try loading a game. It goes to a black screen says loading then both screens go white and just freezes. A save file is created but no game loads looked everywhere for solution but to no avail. PLEASE could someone help?
hate2.gif

hughesy321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4 card and all my games not one of them loads just comes up black screen saying loading then flicks to duel white screens and just freezes

KevFan

Trophies
XP
Country
if thats your card then its a clone since it supports sdhc
therefore wood r4 wouldnt work on your card

Stropdasje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hughesy321 said:
well put wood r4 for clones on my card and it would not even get to the games list
Simple deduction:
- Wood R4 doesn't work on R4 SDHC
- Wood R4 for clones doesn't work on R4 SDHC
- There are currently only 2 Wood R4 versions (although I don't know if Wood R4 for clones actually qualifies as a version)

Conclusion: None of the Wood R4 versions work on the R4 SDHC.

Now this is not a surprise at all, the R4 DS forum is chock-full of messages from R4 SDHC owners reporting that Wood R4 doesn't work on their card. Apparently R4 SDHC owners have either a reading problem or seem to assume that when they keep asking over and over for long enough the obvious reality will change by magic.

Even putting a lock on the clone topic doesn't seem to stop R4 SDHC owners from asking, now they just make new threads.

This post is most likely pointless too since the next R4 SDHC owner will not bother to read up either before posting. My question is if it is possible to change the moderation on this forum to have some pre-checking before allowing a posting to pass to the board (instead of removing a posting when it is not appropriate afterwards). This would prevent a lot of pointless clutter.

hughesy321

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well when you read other posts on this forum http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=221023 first thing that it shows is the software to download then underneath it says comfirmed working on R4 SDHC. So my searching skills are ok and are everybody elses, so my advice to the moderators on this site why let pompous, egocentric, narcissistic people be members. Even worse why let members be cheerleaders (jurassicplyer) and egg them on. I only asked for some help stropadjse but hell i would must rather not have help than have you try and be little members for your own satisfaction.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
When you read the other posts, they talk about how its untested until someone says it works on the R4SDHC, but I'm guessing you would be able to infer that the ones provided are modified to work with the R4SDHC because I'm assuming you know that originally the woodR4 only works on R4 originals, thus you would also be able to infer that since the link provided on said thread is for WoodR4 version 1.05, one would feel the need to attempt searching if there is a modded version of WoodR4 1.07 by the same person (or any modded version at all) that says it would work for some clone. At this point, I'm hoping you realize the thread of thought behind this in saying that nothing in this line of logic comes close to insisting that the inital release of woodR4 v1.07 would work on a clone.

Taking into account the time and date of the latest posts on the problem with WoodR4 + R4SDHC, you would have been able to deduce that they are all talking about how the project has gotten nowhere and thus many other people have the exact problem you have.

I commend your ability to at least search before asking, though for the logical path stated above, I continue to urge you to hone your skills at searching. If we seem like "pompous, egocentric, narcissistic people" it is mainly due to the fact that we see the same question repeated for ever version of WoodR4 and it does get tiresome without poking a few nubs to keep ourselves amused, though that fact stated, we do try to always give the correct answer regardless of how many times it is asked. So with our "pompous, egocentric, narcissistic" attitude, we will try our best to give you the answer to your question in the most quick, amusing, harsh words possible so that other nubs may find this thread and use these posts as a deterrent for posting the same/similar questions which a logical and refined search can provide the answer for.

As for my cheerleading, its only when there is a really funny phrase and is in no way intended to have a negative effect (sorry if you ended up taking the rest of it the wrong way).
QUOTE said:
Apparently have either a reading problem or seem to assume that when they keep asking over and over for long enough the obvious reality will change by magic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16