Hacking Wood 1.30 on R4i Gold: safe file question.

Young Predator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

I just got a N3DS and just received the newest R4i Gold 3DS, and updated my Wood on it to ver. 1.30. ( I deleted the older files _RPG, DS MENU DAT and WOODR4 files and dropped the new files on the R4i Gold)

But the safefiles I've gotten on the older version of Wood dont work on the new version on the R4i Gold.
Is this problem easy to fix?

Greetings,

YP

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
How about the ROMs themselves, do you get any errors when playing them? You only encountered problems loading your saves, right?

The first thing to check is that the saves are in the same folder and have the same filename as the ROMs, and that the extensions of the savefiles are ".nds.sav" instead of ".sav".

Young Predator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thx for the quick reply's.

First of all, the games do work fine, the wood firmware loads perfect on my 3DS, so props for that.

The safe-files of the games I played on my DS Lite are .nds.sav.

I see that my new savefile that is getting created if I start a new game is .sav on the new firmware, so I think the R4i Gold only reads .sav. T

Testing it now!

And the result: The intern setting was indeed on .sav , not on nds.sav. So I have changed it and it workes perfect!

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Rydian said:
Wood can use both .nds.sav and .sav, it's a setting in the main options that determines which one it looks for.
Whoops!

Glad that this worked anyway!
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too