Hacking wont dowload a new ios?

dowsey9027

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
for some reason my wii wont download a new ios its stuck on ios 61 i have tried d2x cios and that doesnt change the ios i have just tried IOS 58 installer and that failed all of them seem to fail does anyone have any idea as to why?

dowsey9027

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what im saying is i cant get it off ios 61 i have tried ios58 installer and it fails everytime i have tried the cios and when ever i uninstall hbc and reinstall it it still says ios 61

i can get on the usb loader gx and find the games now download the covers and everything like that but if i try to load the game it just goes black and i have to turn it off and on to get it back on

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the Homebrew Channel installed and it's working then don't mess with ANY IOS that's below #100.

In order to get Wii games to work you need a cIOS. Are you using a Wii or Wii-U?

dowsey9027

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am using a wii and i have cios on there i followed everything it said on the link that the first person poster but still when ever i try to play the games it goes black screen and then nothing

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. What version does your Homebrew Channel say it is in the top right? I think you may have installed an older version of it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, you already have IOS61, you don't need to download or update it.
Do you have IOS58 already installed? (maybe you don't know)

If you have IOS58 on your console, what you need is to reinstall the homebrew channel.
download the hackmii installer and copy the boot.elf in your /apps/hackmii/ folder
SD:/apps/hackmii/boot.elf

then go to HBC and launch hackmii installer.
select "install The Homebrew Channel", and it will now reinstall the channel to use IOS58 instead of IOS61.

If you don't have IOS58:
I don't know why your IOS_58 installer failed, but it should work with HBC 1.1.2
If it doesn't work, you need to use NUSD program to download IOS58 from nintendo's server and pack it to Wad.
Then use a Wad manager to install the IOS58 wad.
Then reinstall HBC like explained above.

Did you setup your computer to block updates from nintendo ? (OpenDNS or router or proxy)
If you block updates, you can't download the IOS files.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i always pee in the water