ROM Hack wonder boy ultimate collection rom extract from roms.zak

yyoossk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The other problem is that I have zero coding skills and definitely don't know ARM64, but I can tinker.

So a disassembly of the EXEFS definitely references the file and most likely steps through the decompression. I just can't do anything with it:

View attachment 357694

And futher down inside that sub_7100201960 under the /roms and /roms.zak reference. It clearly deals with what happens if the roms.zak file is empty/has no compressed components. But like I said, I can read the text, but zero ability to make sense of what is actually going on:
View attachment 357695
Is it possible for you to show us how to disassemble EXEFS?

Reactions: lordelan

Pr3tty F1y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for you to show us how to disassemble EXEFS?

I used XCI_NCA_NSP_v2 and hactool to extract the EXEFS. That will get you the "main" file which is the primary executable for the game.

You'll then need the Switch IDA Pro loader and follow the installation instructions (as easy as dropping the file in the correct directory for IDA Pro).

And then the big lift is obtaining a copy of IDA Pro that's new enough to support that loader. IDA Pro 7.5 should work. As far as where to get it - you can buy it or find it elsewhere :ha: That is the limit of the help I'm able to provide on that point.

Then you can open the "main" file with the ida64.exe (you have to run the 64-bit executable as the plain ida.exe isn't going to be able to run the Switch loader/disassemble the main file) as an ARM little endian:
1678628016909.png

Then the world is your oyster. Have at it.

yyoossk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I used XCI_NCA_NSP_v2 and hactool to extract the EXEFS. That will get you the "main" file which is the primary executable for the game.

You'll then need the Switch IDA Pro loader and follow the installation instructions (as easy as dropping the file in the correct directory for IDA Pro).

And then the big lift is obtaining a copy of IDA Pro that's new enough to support that loader. IDA Pro 7.5 should work. As far as where to get it - you can buy it or find it elsewhere :ha: That is the limit of the help I'm able to provide on that point.

Then you can open the "main" file with the ida64.exe (you have to run the 64-bit executable as the plain ida.exe isn't going to be able to run the Switch loader/disassemble the main file) as an ARM little endian:
View attachment 358635

Then the world is your oyster. Have at it.
thank you!

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bump this but, do you know how to extract contents out of the main file by anychance? working on Baroque - Original Version (based on the Sega Saturn version of the game they using)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ZpMdTnZkpRQ?si=Q2MI4UugoSYifY7G Neat