Gaming With all the breaking XBOX360's

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you think Microsoft will put a new version of XBOX360 on the market soon? Perhaps with better cooling so there are less problems and repairs needed? When do you think this will happen?

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
They'll have to, i dont have a x360 but the RROD are starting to sound like an epidemic. Kinda reminds me of the lens issue of the ps2.
If M$ dont then theyre gonna lose lots of money

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The elite also suffers similar probs. Mines been fine from day one though
smile.gif

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They'll have to, i dont have a x360 but the RROD are starting to sound like an epidemic. Kinda reminds me of the lens issue of the ps2.
If M$ dont then theyre gonna lose lots of money

They screwed up but at least they improved their customer relations, extending the warranty was pretty nice of them. I doubt they will be seeing huge losses because of this, the 360 is still seeing strong sales and this has been an issue for a while now.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
65nm was rumoured to be started with the elite, but that never happened, it'll be later in the year at the earliest.

If MS did admit there was a fault with the current configuration then they would have to replace every unit upto the date it changes if it goes wrong (AFAIK).

Apprently 2500 360s a day are being returned to be repair in the UK alone and MicroMart has just stopped dealing with 3 red light problems due to the volume of problems and the futility in fixing them.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the UK M$ are getting 2500 broken xbox 360s back daily. Thats according to a article on xbox scene. You would think M$ would have sorted the problems out when they released the Elite, but they didn't. The new xbox 360s are meant to have a second heat sink installed, so it won't get has hot. I think this is only a temporary fix though.

The xbox 360 has been out for 18 months now. When the first batch of 360s came out in the UK. I think it was 2nd december and only the lucky people got one. You would think they would have fixed the problems with the next batch of 360s they sold. M$ must be finding it cheaper to keep paying postage both ways and repairing the 360s than fixing the problem.

Loads of info on how to fix it yourself is on the internet. You would have though M$ would have looked at it and made the improvements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh