Hacking Wishlist - Wii AutoInstaller

cayspekko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how Xbox had auto-installer deluxe? Does something like that exist for wii?

I think it would be nice if there was a boot.dol of an auto installer that would:
Install appropriate cIOSs
Install appropriate mIOSs
Upgrade safely to 4.0
Autoinstall USB loader wads,
Autoinstall emulators and roms...
etc
etc
etc

Basically, I'm lazy, even though it is pretty fun hunting through the forum for the latest greatest and coolests things for my hacked wii.

Moreover, besides helping us lazy folk out, whoever hosted it would probably have a huge traffic magnet as far as the modded wii community went.

Anyway, anyone else think that would be useful or am I a total NEWB who needs to be flamed for even thinking it?

funnystory

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is actually a very good idea.WE could even have a nice softmod installer kind of like the xbox installed ndure!This would be awsome and im sure it would be easy to install

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it is the goal of the softmii project to make it as simple as possible.
im sure automation is where they are heading.

TheNewMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yer it would be nice, you fancy taking up coding it??

i for one dont lol

WiiPower i see you reading dude you think its viable?

i personally think its doable, just would take abit of work.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't code, but I've actually been thinking about this very idea for a while... it would be very helpful if someone could make an application like that.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CIOSCORP Installer: Any wad you put into the cioscorp folder would get autoinstalled.

It can install anything that is wad based.

I do not believe there is any method of auto-installing preloader / startpatch / etc.

TheNewMouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thats the first time i've ever checked out MiiWii seriously, that shits almost as bad as SoftMii....they even added branding to wadmanager and shit man. lol no way

although they do stress credit so i guess it sort of balances out on that one.

anyway i used Slayers Installer for my Xbox, and then the AutoInstallerDeluxe3 afterwards so i know what your talking about...although now i just ftp into my X3 but anyway back on topic lol

it would be doable, but your would ofcourse need HBC already installed or it would create another step in the chain, since i dont think the HBC installer could be merged with anything else.

therefor once you had HBC installed a .dol would need to do the following.

1. run the code from cios installer to install cIOS rev10. and cMIOS
2. run wanin's updater to install 4.0

a problem could possibly exist between here since needs to reboot to load 4.0 menu

3. install corpcios and selected .wads including usbloader and various other useful apps.

4. preloader

how you would get ios60hk installed and then reinstall preloader again to fix the corrupt ios60 is also a issue.

i'm just speculating here and maybe if someone has answers we could work on getting it as streamlined as possible.

cayspekko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheNewMouse said:
it would be doable, but your would ofcourse need HBC already installed or it would create another step in the chain, since i dont think the HBC installer could be merged with anything else.

Or maybe you could get it to just do twilight to load the autoinstaller and the autoinstaller would install hbc as a wad?

See, some of the stuff you suggested I didn't even know about, like ios60hk, and things in homebrew are changing so often it can be hard to keep up.

So maybe the autoinstaller would automatically do updates from the internet... ... *daydreams*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up