Wireless USB Loading?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Winterreise, Oct 17, 2009.

Oct 17, 2009

Wireless USB Loading? by Winterreise at 7:21 PM (1,006 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Winterreise
    OP

Newcomer Winterreise Newbie

Canada
    This is just a question I came up with recently, but I don't know if such a thing exists or if it's even possible.

Basically, I have a 500gb external HDD on my computer, which is located in my basement. My Wii is upstairs. My external HDD is available over my wireless network, so what I'm wondering is if it's possible for a USB Loader to wirelessly connect to my HDD to load a game.

I have absolutely no clue whether this is possible, or if the WiFi speeds would be fast enough to load a game that way.

Just thought I'd ask to see if such a thing is possible, or has been done.

Thanks in advance,

Winterreise

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    I answered this at least four times [​IMG]. Let's do it again: WiFi (I think the Drivers...not shure about the Hardware) is too crappy, not enough Speed. USB/SD is fast enough to do it, but not WiFi.

Btw: Whats up with your Name? You're from Canada but you have a German Name..WTF?

3. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I heard that there are also Germans living in this country, they are called "Auswanderer" and you can see them on Kabel1 [​IMG]

4. Winterreise
    OP

Newcomer Winterreise Newbie

Canada
    Ah, I'm sorry for asking a question that's already been answered. I did a quick search on the GBAtemp forums and didn't find anything so assumed it was something new.

As for my name, I'm a pianist, and Schubert's "Winter's Journey" has always been a favourite of mine. Since it's Winterreise in his language, I decided to choose it for my name.