Misc Wireless Router Set-Up Problems

Silphex

Violating scooters since '90
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello you lovely people. I have an ongoing issue with my wi-fi connection for a few months now, ive searched the internet numerous times and no answers to be found, so now i turn to you guys in hope that you can take a couple of minutes to read my problem and hopefully help me solve it, so here it goes:

I have a DSLite

My Router Is a Thompson TG585 v7, both WEP and WPA/PSK security and it has both B/G band. Im using R4 Wood v1.11 firmware and I have already searched nintendo support but my router doesnt appear on their list. I am fully aware that DSLites can only use WEP so what i did was i tried to manually set up the wi-fi on my DS by inputting the SSID and the WEP key in and left all the other settings how they should be. I get this error code: 51300. Anyone know were im going wrong? Or does anyone know how to successfully set up this router with DS Wi-Fi? A guide how to set it up properly or a solution to this problem would be amazing and i would be eternally grateful.

It also might be worth mentioning that my router is set up perfectly with my laptop using WPA-PSK security, i did try changing the security on my laptop to WEP but that messed the whole thing up and opened a whole new can of worms.

-Thank You for your time & help.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most routers can't use both WEP and WPA at the same time, I know my can't as there's no use at all in using both. As you laptop is using WPA, your router must still be set to use WPA and not WEP.

Silphex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That brings me onto the can of worms being opened. When i go on the wireless network setting on my laptop, the security doesnt give an option to change it to WEP unfortunately, would that mean me completely re-setting up my router and change it to use WEP security?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, you'll need to Change your router to WEP. Your Laptop should kick up a fuss and ask you for the WEP password which is in key#1. if it doesn't go into the network sharing center and create a manual WiFi connection using your WEP credentials.

Silphex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so ive made a new wireless network profile on my laptop that uses WEP security but when i go to search for it on my DS it doesnt find it. Any idea how I deal with this? When i tried manual set-up i now got the error code: 51099 Unable to find a compatible access point. Confirm SSID settings or remove in range of a compatible access point, im sat like 6ft away from my router

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you're not using g only. Turn it to b/g or mixed or just b. Also, you shouldn't be making these changes on the laptop, but through the laptop. You log into your router (usually at 192.168.1.1) and change the info there. It sounds like you have already done it, but I just want to make sure that we're all on the same page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2