OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thanks for reading. I recently purchased the AceKard 2i from GameByGame.com using a link I found on this site.

I am using the latest Akaio Firmware and a new DSi system. The same goes for my friend who has the exact same hardware and flash card as me.

Basically we cant play any wireless local multiplayer. I know my wifi is turned on. However the Wifi icon in ever multiplayer game remains red and we cannot connect to each other for multiplayer gaming.

Please help. Many thanks.

feds4u

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, after many hours of experimentation I think I discovered the problem.

Its the AceKard 2i.

I tried both official firmware and Akaio and had the same problems with the same games. (There was only one major difference, the soft reset actually works on the official firmware)

Games like Zoo Keeper and LOL do not work on the AceKard 2i. I'm actually a big fan of Zoo Keeper so this is a major disappointment to me. Hopefully the great team behind the Akaio firmware can sort out this problem. If not, I'm probably going to dump this cart and go with another DSi compatible cart.

I've already tried one of the new DSi compatible R4 cards and they did not have this problem.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
feds4u said:
I tried both official firmware and Akaio and had the same problems with the same games. (There was only one major difference, the soft reset actually works on the official firmware)

Soft-reset is broken in the latest public loaders. You have to use the loaders from the 1.4.1 proper pack.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
feds4u said:
Ok, after many hours of experimentation I think I discovered the problem.

Its the AceKard 2i.

Games like Zoo Keeper and LOL do not work on the AceKard 2i. I'm actually a big fan of Zoo Keeper so this is a major disappointment to me. Hopefully the great team behind the Akaio firmware can sort out this problem. If not, I'm probably going to dump this cart and go with another DSi compatible cart.

I've already tried one of the new DSi compatible R4 cards and they did not have this problem.

As far as i know 99.9% of all games work on ak2i, someone tested all 3500 or so games at the time and reported back any problems and i quickly fixed them and released loader updates for them. Since then i've kept an eye out for problems with games and all should be working in akaio 1.5.

raing3

CNET_Richard
Trophies
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
As far as i know 99.9% of all games work on ak2i, someone tested all 3500 or so games at the time and reported back any problems and i quickly fixed them and released loader updates for them. Since then i've kept an eye out for problems with games and all should be working in akaio 1.5.

blink.gif
wow, someone tested that many games, that's crazy.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I contemplated doing just that thing with my ak2i but i see somebody already beat me to it..
btw it's over 4000 games now
tongue.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yea but what was tested was if games booted, the person didn't play them all. this is why we stress how important it is to report problems so that they can get fixed. someone should go and test all of the local wifi games with/between ndsl(s) and ndsi(s) using 2.1(s) and 2i(s).

that is the only way to be really sure.

@phoenixclaws: when i was working on the nesds compatibility list it was over 12,000 roms. =P

-another world

feds4u

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is anything being done about this problem? Last night I was playing with friends and we came across a few more games that have non functioning local multi-player.

Whomever wrote the review for this card should have mentioned this important issue. Honestly, had I known about this problem I would have chosen a different card. I know that I will discourage anyone I know from buying the Acekard because of this issue. Its almost like the testers have no friends, lol. But seriously, I'd be happy to test any local wifi games if it will help the cause.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
people have reported ak2-to-ak2, ak2.1-to-ak2.1, ak2i-to-ak2i local wifi problems. so try connecting using a different card with the ak2i and test the same roms. i've run a bunch of tests between black pcb ak2.1s, the same msd, same set up, same roms, and had no problems.

-another world

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing GTA on my Acekard 2i with AKAIO multiplayer with my cousin who has YSmenu on his R4(original). It started up fine but after 3 seconds it just said connection failed please try again... I know its not the R4s problem because I also have a R4 and I tried the game with my R4 and his R4 both with YSmenu and it worked fine...

By the way on the Acekard Download Play for the game was Default.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
feds4u said:
Is anything being done about this problem? Last night I was playing with friends and we came across a few more games that have non functioning local multi-player.

Whomever wrote the review for this card should have mentioned this important issue. Honestly, had I known about this problem I would have chosen a different card. I know that I will discourage anyone I know from buying the Acekard because of this issue. Its almost like the testers have no friends, lol. But seriously, I'd be happy to test any local wifi games if it will help the cause.

Are you trimming the games first? If you are then what trimmer are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...