Hacking Wireless danger with flascards (updates?)

Paszq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I bought myself a lovely 3DS XL Animal Crossing New Leaf Bundle, and I have a R4 SDHC (RTS LITE) for it.
The seller (my neighbour!) told me: watch out with wireless because of the updates. That can give you problems with the R4. I understand, I know the problems with that.

My 3DS XL runs on the newest update, R4 works fine.

My question: do I have to always turn wireless off? I love the online functions for 3DS, friends online, what are they playing etc. But I understand it has some danger?

(I'm from the Netherlands, forgive me my bad English!) ;)

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I constantly leave my R4i Gold 3DS RTS in my 3DS and I always leave wireless on (unless I want to conserve battery life). I've had my card for a couple of weeks.
Nothing has happened to my (latest system menu) 3DS so far...

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but I thought updates came automatically when wireless is on?

Updates come automatically, but you have to hit "yes" to run and install them.
Whenever it's downloaded an update, a message will pop up on the home screen telling you about it and it will ask you if you want to update.

Paszq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Goldensun3DS said: Updates come automatically, but you have to hit "yes" to run and install them.
Whenever it's downloaded an update, a message will pop up on the home screen telling you about it and it will ask you if you want to update.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm sure you don't like the idea of pressing "no" every time the system starts up, since once it's downloaded an update it will ask you each time until it's installed, or you format the system.

And it only takes one accidental press of yes to do it.

So don't let it get to that point in the first place.

Paszq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand. I turn automatic downloads for spotpass off. But I love the wireless options, so, can't turn that off! I'm lucky with my neighbour, she has all new original flashcards, when I have some problems, she will fix it for me. But it would be killing if I can't play until the next R4 update is there...So, be careful.

GoldenSun3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since once it's downloaded an update it will ask you each time until it's installed, or you format the system.

Actually it doesn't do that. It only takes one press of "no" and it won't ask you again.
I know this because I held off updating my 3DS for awhile in hopes of waiting for a hack but eventually gave up.
In fact I think hitting "no" even deletes the update from the system because when I later went to update my 3DS after declining the auto-update, it still required me to connect to the internet.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm sure you don't like the idea of pressing "no" every time the system starts up, since once it's downloaded an update it will ask you each time until it's installed, or you format the system.

And it only takes one accidental press of yes to do it.

So don't let it get to that point in the first place.

Yeah... That's what happened to me. 3DS downloaded the update on it's own, that prompt came up every time I turned my system on. Dealt with it for so long, and I wasn't paying attention and hit 'Yes'. Now my Acekard no longer works =D. Wish I knew there were settings to turn all of that off x.x

Paszq

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the only settings are turn off spotpass (automatically downloads)? I turned that off, so I can turn wireless on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL