Homebrew [WIP] SafeSysUpdater

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a friend who's running 4.2 on an o3dsxl. Can he use this to get to 9.2.0-20? He has rxTools installed, but wants to be able to install menuhax to make it not wifi-dependent. He's not interested (at this point) in the risk with arm9 whatever.

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got a friend who's running 4.2 on an o3dsxl. Can he use this to get to 9.2.0-20? He has rxTools installed, but wants to be able to install menuhax to make it not wifi-dependent. He's not interested (at this point) in the risk with arm9 whatever.
Use the regular sysupdater and run pasta mode from rxtools

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the tip. I'll let him know.
Ok let me clarify a bit though rxtools will inject fbi in health and safety, the included guide that came with rxtools explains what to do for that. After he's injected fbi, in the advance setting there will be pasta mode launch that. From here open health and safety it'll launch fbi, install the sysupdater cia from here press home launch sysupdater from home menu and install the updates( upgrade not downgrade )

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok let me clarify a bit though rxtools will inject fbi in health and safety, the included guide that came with rxtools explains what to do for that. After he's injected fbi, in the advance setting there will be pasta mode launch that. From here open health and safety it'll launch fbi, install the sysupdater cia from here press home launch sysupdater from home menu and install the updates( upgrade not downgrade )
Yeah, I knew he'd have to install FBI to the health app. But that's pretty much risk-free, right? And pasta mode must be like dev mode or something? Last question, since I have your attention, where should he get the 9.2.0-20 update file(s)?

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use safesys to check update files however, a button when menu boots, can be done through emunand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I knew he'd have to install FBI to the health app. But that's pretty much risk-free, right? And pasta mode must be like dev mode or something? Last question, since I have your attention, where should he get the 9.2.0-20 update file(s)?
That one iso site:P make sure he downloads the right files for the model of 3ds he has

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use safesys to check update files however, a button when menu boots, can be done through emunand

That one iso site:P make sure he downloads the right files for the model of 3ds he has
alright. I know what site you mean. Not sure what you're talking about with safe sys though, or a button. Personally, I just have it on auto-launch to emuNAND on boot (which I sort of don't even know HOW I set it up XFD I'm so out of touch).

Lucar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can confirm a sucessfull downgrade:

10.6.0-31U -> 9.2.0-20U N3DS.

Used SafeSys and everything went butter smooth. No format or anything.

this wasn't my own console I'm so sad ;-;

Last edited by Lucar,
Reactions: daxtsu

Zyrmkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright. I know what site you mean. Not sure what you're talking about with safe sys though, or a button. Personally, I just have it on auto-launch to emuNAND on boot (which I sort of don't even know HOW I set it up XFD I'm so out of touch).
After he downloads the update files have him install the safesysupdater cia in OP to his emunand. After it launches if he presses the A button it'll check his update files to make sure they are good and match his console, if they are good it'll say at the end that the pack is good for downgrade that means that he has the right pack. Hold L while launching rxtools to bring the menu up

Should look like this if the files are right

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    861.7 KB · Views: 239

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After he downloads the update files have him install the safesysupdater cia in OP to his emunand. After it launches if he presses the A button it'll check his update files to make sure they are good and match his console, if they are good it'll say at the end that the pack is good for downgrade that means that he has the right pack. Hold L while launching rxtools to bring the menu up

Should look like this if the files are right
hm.. interesting. I'll have to make time to see him then, instead of guiding him thru this over the phone. Thanks for all your help.

fahademon0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using this to downgrade a 10.3 o3ds, keeps getting stuck at "#5 Restoring SlabHeap"...is that supposed to happen, as in I just need to keep trying to go through this or is there something wrong with my 3dsx?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, https://youtu.be/WKIZeayHnfI?si=jRCAB8STMByf_PXU