Homebrew [WIP] rehid:- Button remapping for 3ds

Sodaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here, run this program and it will display a set of values, send those to me.
Sorry for the late response.
I ran the app and ended up with these values:
Up x:0 y:41 Down x:-4 y:-43 Left x:-43 y:-9 Right x:42 y:-6
However I find it difficult to use the circle pad precisely, even if it is set up correctly, I can't guarantee I'd actually hit those values.
Which is kinda why I wanted to try using the dpad for Tri force heroes.

junglegang

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been trying to map Samus Returns so I could use the D-Pad to move the character but it doesn't seem to be working, I don't think I put anything wrong in the config file.

Here it is if you want to have a look:

Edit: I didn't know you had to put "dpadtocpad":true in the config file.

junglegang

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have further got DPAD>CPAD mapping to work, this can be used in games like Mario kart 7, for controlling the cart using only the dpad.
I have searched for hours and I can't find info, hope you can answer and help me with this 2 questions, please:

1. For one game ('A Link Between Worlds') I want to use D-Pad as if it was the C-Pad, and C-Pad as if it was the D-Pad (second option is to not lose the possible functions of the D-Pad, which is moving the camera in this case); do I need to remap D-Pad to C-Pad, and then remap the C-Pad to D-Pad?, or just remapping the C-Pad to D-Pad will switch/permutate the functions?

And for other game, I wanna make the D-Pad also have the function of the C-Pad, but in this case without the C-Pad losing its function —of character movement—

2. How do I generate the .json file automatically? I'm using the online tool for rehid on this page: " mikahjc. github. io/3dsRemapBuilder/config ", but I don't know if I should; also, in that page there are 2 options to enable the "C-Pad to D-Pad" and/or "D-Pad to C-Pad", but I click on "disable" to enable it, and still shows "disabled"; and since that doesn't work, I don't know how to remap anything to the C-Pad cause I can't find the option in the "I want to swap to..."

THANKS IN ADVANCED AND THANK YOU FOR HELPING US

AHumanPerson

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
i tried scanning a qr code to reconfigure up to r because my r button was broken and it wouldnt register, was wondering if you can help with that

Elru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I'm trying to remap Cpad to Dpad (for super smash and Mario kart 7) but it doesn't work, am I doing something wrong (I've done it for other games) or that option isn't supported?

Edit: found a solution for both games, i added dpadtocpad in the end

Last edited by Elru,

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
how do i reset the mapping?

Delete the json file in the rehid folder, or disable game patching.
I have searched for hours and I can't find info, hope you can answer and help me with this 2 questions, please:

1. For one game ('A Link Between Worlds') I want to use D-Pad as if it was the C-Pad, and C-Pad as if it was the D-Pad (second option is to not lose the possible functions of the D-Pad, which is moving the camera in this case); do I need to remap D-Pad to C-Pad, and then remap the C-Pad to D-Pad?, or just remapping the C-Pad to D-Pad will switch/permutate the functions?

And for other game, I wanna make the D-Pad also have the function of the C-Pad, but in this case without the C-Pad losing its function —of character movement—

2. How do I generate the .json file automatically? I'm using the online tool for rehid on this page: " mikahjc. github. io/3dsRemapBuilder/config ", but I don't know if I should; also, in that page there are 2 options to enable the "C-Pad to D-Pad" and/or "D-Pad to C-Pad", but I click on "disable" to enable it, and still shows "disabled"; and since that doesn't work, I don't know how to remap anything to the C-Pad cause I can't find the option in the "I want to swap to..."

THANKS IN ADVANCED AND THANK YOU FOR HELPING US
2) Using mikah's site is perfectly fine.
Please join the discord server, this is doable but might require several tries.

Cimmerian_Iter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco
Hello I have a small problem with rehid

Basically my L button and ZL shows as pressed all the time (maybe i didnt put the ribbon correctly) and i cannot open my N3DS because the screws are busted and wont come off.

So i decided to use rehid to map ZR to L and disable L and ZL

ZL ->
L ->
ZR -> L
ZR + DOWN -> ZL

built the config with the website, and L is indeed disabled. It no longer shows as always pressed. And pressing Zr do press L button

But ZL is still pushed. despite me redirecting it to nothing just like L button. How could I solve this?

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello I have a small problem with rehid

Basically my L button and ZL shows as pressed all the time (maybe i didnt put the ribbon correctly) and i cannot open my N3DS because the screws are busted and wont come off.

So i decided to use rehid to map ZR to L and disable L and ZL

ZL ->
L ->
ZR -> L
ZR + DOWN -> ZL

built the config with the website, and L is indeed disabled. It no longer shows as always pressed. And pressing Zr do press L button

But ZL is still pushed. despite me redirecting it to nothing just like L button. How could I solve this?
You'll need an ir patch, I can develop this patch but will require few tries. Join this server https://discord.gg/hyuvmb9 and ping me

LusterSoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to see an update that allows for button remapping to the HOME button. I have an almost completely non-functional HOME button, where I have to spend a bit of time just to get my system to register a HOME button press.

This program does not support HOME button remapping yet.

Kartik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I would like to see an update that allows for button remapping to the HOME button. I have an almost completely non-functional HOME button, where I have to spend a bit of time just to get my system to register a HOME button press.

This program does not support HOME button remapping yet.
It does allow remapping home button since v3.0?

LusterSoldier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does allow remapping home button since v3.0?

I didn't have the most recent version yet, so I downloaded it. However, it causes a full system crash when I boot up the game that my button remaps were designed for. If you want to see the crash dump to determine the cause of the crash, you can download it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hqgm4ny239d9fih/crash_dump_00000000.dmp/file

Also, what the exact name of the Home button for the purpose of creating a JSON file with my button remaps? Would this be a correct way of specifying a button remap for the Home button:

{
"keys":[
{"get":"HOME", "press":"ZL"}
]
}

Gougouts

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How to install RehidHelper without Internet connection ? My touch screen is broken so I can't set any connection...

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
How to install RehidHelper without Internet connection ? My touch screen is broken so I can't set any connection...
I expect you copy the 0004013000001D02 folder into /luma/titles/on your SD card (and enable game patching in the Luma menu). The folder is available from here (zipped). I haven't tested this and I might be wrong, but that number looks like a TitleID to me.

Edit: I have now tested it and that is how it works.

Last edited by retrospect,

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
Over the last few months, I have been working on reimplementing 3ds hid module(this module is responsible for user-input), with the aim of easier button remapping. I have always wanted to swap ZL and L, R and ZR. It mostly works, which is why I am releasing it.
This is awesome. Well done @Kartik

You can generate your rehid.json files using this site written by @mcaboosec
Hi @mcaboosec. Just a heads up about the ReHID mode. I've found the tool seems to generate the Y co-ordinate with the bottom of the screen as 0, but ReHID seems to use the top of the screen as 0. That's the only issue I found. Everything else seems to work great. Thanks for this handy tool.

MatheusStaffa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why i can't remap any button TO C-stick or Dpad on the 3ds remap builder
but i can writing the json file manually? In the "I want to swap to" the D-pad and the C-Stick doesn't appear.

Reactions: galaxyboy

galaxyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't use this on my VC gba games like castlevania Aria of sorrow. VC uncompatible?

The jsons are created with remap in their respectives ID folders, but doens't have any change in the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: