Homebrew [WIP] PHBank - Pokémon Homebrew Bank

Beat_

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use this to store every single Pokémon I have on PHBank, and then restart the save and put all the Pokémon back?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I use this to store every single Pokémon I have on PHBank, and then restart the save and put all the Pokémon back?

you can (you can even give them your most valuable items first). however, i believe you need to play until you get the pokedex or something before you can safely transfer your stuff to your new game.

Beat_

Trophies
XP
Country
oh, and i'm not sure how the game handles putting pokemon in boxes you haven't yet unlocked, so you might want to be careful with that too
Ok, I'll wait a bit until I know how to use this and until it becomes easier to use idk :P Thx for the info

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Using the icon for attacks may be too big for the main resume screen. But could be net for the hidden power.

I'm not sure the game has sprites for that, but it may. A function to generate the frame could be done with sf2dlib too I guess, or make the frame sprites ourselves.

Also, for attack types, then maybe why not add something like TCG type icons next to the moves?
Here's some not official ones so they could be used without drm worries (I'd make the normal one white though):
kg4b3hv.png

no, i was refering to boxes not yet unlocked. like, i think ORAS start you with 8 boxes or so? until you put a pokemon in all of them or something?
They should be auto-unlocked when the game detects a pokemon being there after entering the pc, but I haven't checked.

Official bank just unlocks them all altoguether. I could check how the bank does this or if the game will auto-handle it, I have a new save with just the pokedex obtained, need to go to next town though.

Last edited by suloku,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not personnaly found of the idea of type icons for every moves because IMO it's neither useful nor looks good. I like suloku's idea for hidden power though, it only takes a small amount of space for something that important.

I just don't like suloku's icons set :P, I'd personnaly like to see something that looks more like the official TCG icons like these :
bw_style_symbols_by_ilkcmp-d51oswg.png

I also found the official icons (for fairy type, mostly), but not sure if it's copyrightly possible to use them in your homebrew^^ :
energy-types.png

(got these from a right-click on icons from http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/pokemon-cards/)

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
why would you even need move type indication like that on the hbbank? the only thing where it makes any sense would be for potential hidden power. and honestly, a small text indicating type and power would more than suffice for that

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why would you even need move type indication like that on the hbbank? the only thing where it makes any sense would be for potential hidden power. and honestly, a small text indicating type and power would more than suffice for that
Hidden power is already shown. That's what got the whole thing started was my request for @Gocario to switch the hidden power wording around from "Dragon Hidden Power" to say "Hidden Power - Dragon"

GeneticMars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you add something to at least see how the pokemon will look when its hatched? or there is no way to know if its going to be shiny?
maxresdefault.jpg

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you add something to at least see how the pokemon will look when its hatched? or there is no way to know if its going to be shiny?
View attachment 28815

theres no way to know if its shiny or not, since it becoming shiny depends on whether or not its egg shiny value matches the shiny value of the trainer that hatches the egg. if it does, it will hatch shiny, if it doesnt, it wont. which is why, in the past, people used some kind of wifi hack to sniff out each others shiny values and the values of eggs they were hatching, traded eggs around to guarantee they got shinies and such

Gocario

GBAFail'd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

theres no way to know if its shiny or not, since it becoming shiny depends on whether or not its egg shiny value matches the shiny value of the trainer that hatches the egg. if it does, it will hatch shiny, if it doesnt, it wont. which is why, in the past, people used some kind of wifi hack to sniff out each others shiny values and the values of eggs they were hatching, traded eggs around to guarantee they got shinies and such
It's clearly possible, I already made function to compute TSV/PSV from TID/SID/PID, I just don't print it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Poke the boner lol.