Status
Not open for further replies.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My gut tells me: They are!

I agree not all of them but there is a chance some of them gain some profit. Its their skills and their right to do anything they want. But most of us (along with cfw developers) are little or more hypocrites. I mean we set moral issues about hacked and patched cfws or piracy but most of us use a piracy card. The ammount of money we spent to buy a Gateway or sky3ds or something else, is not going to nintendos or its parters wallet. So if that is not piracy what it is? But the most hypocritical opinion is that i didnt buy Gateway for piracy just to play homebrew. Lets be adults and face the truth

Reactions: Margen67

ody81

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree not all of them but there is a chance some of them gain some profit. Its their skills and their right to do anything they want. But most of us (along with cfw developers) are little or more hypocrites. I mean we set moral issues about hacked and patched cfws or piracy but most of us use a piracy card. The ammount of money we spent to buy a Gateway or sky3ds or something else, is not going to nintendos or its parters wallet. So if that is not piracy what it is? But the most hypocritical opinion is that i didnt buy Gateway for piracy just to play homebrew. Lets be adults and face the truth

No, buying a gateway or anything that doesn't put money in nintys pockets is not piracy lmao

You kidding? Is buying a 3rd party battery piracy now?

And for the record, flashcarts don't pirate, people pirate with flashcarts. And why does anyone give a shit what other people do? Fucking 3ds scene bs.

Reactions: Stoned

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
No, buying a gateway or anything that doesn't put money in nintys pockets is not piracy lmao

You kidding? Is buying a 3rd party battery piracy now?

And for the record, flashcarts don't pirate, people pirate with flashcarts. And why does anyone give a shit what other people do? Fucking 3ds scene bs.

I do not disagree, the weapon it self do not kills anyone. Is the one who uses the weapon. Who said that flashcards dont pirate? I do not know if all but some flashcards exploit the freedom or the law gaps in some countries and produce these cards there. Your example is at least irrelevant. I will ask you something. Did you ever asked your self why these flashcard creators are anonymous and create their flashcards in countries like china or other in east asia? A 3rd party battery is not piracy if is created by a company wich has headquarters and pay taxes legally. It is piracy though if it copies technology or trademark without permission. If you can tell Gateways 3ds companys headquarters location and its owners names i will agree that their products are full legally

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not disagree, the weapon it self do not kills anyone. Is the one who uses the weapon. Who said that flashcards dont pirate? I do not know if all but some flashcards exploit the freedom or the law gaps in some countries and produce these cards there. Your example is at least irrelevant. I will ask you something. Did you ever asked your self why these flashcard creators are anonymous and create their flashcards in countries like china or other in east asia? A 3rd party battery is not piracy if is created by a company wich has headquarters and pay taxes legally. It is piracy though if it copies technology or trademark without permission. If you can tell Gateways 3ds companys headquarters location and its owners names i will agree that their products are full legally

If you're in some parts of Europe, making or supplying the tools for piracy is half if not more than half of the crime. This isn't the case in the United States, however. But in most cases it's partially an issue of legality, partially an issue of morals, and partially an issue of apathy.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're in some parts of Europe, making or supplying the tools for piracy is half if not more than half of the crime. This isn't the case in the United States, however. But in most cases it's partially an issue of legality, partially an issue of morals, and partially an issue of apathy.

That's debatable. Having a device that contains the ability to bypass security is enough to be fined and/or arrested in the US under the DMCA. Most people needn't worry but if you have a warez den then you are more liable to have legal problems. Pre-DMCA, it would have been up to the company themselves to sue but now it turns cops into copyright police who have a duty to enforce it.

Reactions: pikatsu

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So we agree that all of us like "means" that will help our gaming experience in every way. Of cource i would like a free cfw. The point is not that a free cfw is ethical or the opposite (we all know the truth). The point is that even if a free cfw become truth we must protect its developers safety in every way

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The point is not that a free cfw is ethical or the opposite (we all know the truth).

And what truth would that be? That CFWs are unethical? Oh, please... It depends entirely on the way people use it!

- Some just want to get rid of Nintedo's stupid and outdated region-free scheme.
- Some just want undubbed games (games with the original Japanese audio files and English menus) because the stupid companies were dead wrong to release them as English-only with net inferior voice actors.
- Some just want to protect their cartridges (from wear and tear, losing them, having not to carry a whole bag with them, etc) and run the backups locally, from their internal SD card.
- Some just want to run homebrew apps, since it's their system, not Nintedo's. They've bought it, they own it. Not Nintendo. Companies like to think that they're lending you their devices. Screw that!
- And yeah, some just want to pirate, but those people wouldn't have bought the games or even Nintendo's console in the first place. For those people, Nintendo would still make some money, assuming that they don't sell the 3DS below cost.

Don't give me that "we all know the truth" crap. CFW is the way to go. Always has been. It's your device. You should be able to do whatever the hell you want with it.

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And what truth would that be? That CFWs are unethical? Oh, please... It depends entirely on the way people use it!

- Some just want to get rid of Nintedo's stupid and outdated region-free scheme.
- Some just want undubbed games (games with the original Japanese audio files and English menus) because the stupid companies were dead wrong to release them as English-only with net inferior voice actors.
- Some just want to protect their cartridges (from wear and tear, losing them, having not to carry a whole bag with them, etc) and run the backups locally, from their internal SD card.
- Some just want to run homebrew apps, since it's their system, not Nintedo's. They've bought it, they own it. Not Nintendo. Companies like to think that they're lending you their devices. Screw that!
- And yeah, some just want to pirate, but those people wouldn't have bought the games or even Nintendo's console in the first place. For those people, Nintendo would still make some money, assuming that they don't sell the 3DS below cost.

Don't give me that "we all know the truth" crap. CFW is the way to go. Always has been. It's your device. You should be able to do whatever the hell you want with it.

Maybe you are 13 years old and misjudge what i said. It is not your fault. All people have not the same iq. I didnt say anything different than you. So maybe is better the misunderstanding stops here

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe you are 13 years old and misjudge what i said. It is not your fault. All people have not the same iq. I didnt say anything different than you.So maybe is better the misunderstanding stops here

>maybe you are 13
>brings up IQ
Lol and not only that,

So maybe is better the misunderstanding stops here
Attempts to get the last shot on the other, and close the argument in attempt to prevent a rebuttal and look like the cool guy that wants to diffuse the argument.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Margen67

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
3224a256d2e73ab612a3b44245e9d45f3c6b6d0f18b4b40cf0aab55ebcdfb42c.jpg

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What the actual fuck will happen now?

I actually am interested in some way about the methods used by this team to load and make things.... oh well, I supose that will be a long time wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte