When I try to go in the texture replacer:
1456167429-sans-titre.png

Reactions: Thelostrune

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Also note that I didn't added support for the 14241342435365346439 different container formats used on Pokémon.

So, you're probably not willing to add extra support for just .154 / .mm files? It's a shame, really, because that's kinda exactly where the original Ohana3DS has huge compression issues.
In short; adding support for those overworld model formats would make all texture edits better.

.133 / .ad support would be great as well ;_;

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, you're probably not willing to add extra support for just .154 / .mm files? It's a shame, really, because that's kinda exactly where the original Ohana3DS has huge compression issues.
In short; adding support for those overworld model formats would make all texture edits better.

.133 / .ad support would be great as well ;_;
I will add support for it soon. They are BCH files inside a simple container, the only thing that Ill need to think about is what I will do for containers with more than 1 bch. Also the format of the file isn't .154 or .133.

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They are BCH files inside a simple container, the only thing that Ill need to think about is what I will do for containers with more than 1 bch.

The two starting letters in hex refer to their filetype, right? Then, .ad files, they contain only textures, but they do also have BCH in hex. I find it kinda weird, but I'm not an expert.

Also the format of the file isn't .154 or .133.

Well, I use GARCTool without holding ctrl, so I was mistaken.
0d1a9dbb35.png

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The two starting letters in hex refer to their filetype, right? Then, .ad files, they contain only textures, but they do also have BCH in hex. I find it kinda weird, but I'm not an expert.
They are containers with BCH files (used for models, sometimes textures and some types of animations aswell) inside, and also other data related to the content inside.

Well, I use GARCTool without holding ctrl, so I was mistaken.
Well I don't use garctool, but afaik the old version had a bug that made it append those numbers to the files instead of the actual name from the signature. So those numbers are nothing but a bug on the program.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get the textures within a *.bch file or is it impossible at the moment?
I'm trying to use the Sm4sh model creator and I'm left with a pure white character which was kinda saddening.

ArcPh1r3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to replace textures in Smash .bch files; all textures were the original size.
Pressing R to go into training room triggers an infinite loading screen.
1QtOfxQ.png

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using the model converter kind of works. I got the model of duck hunt's can to be exported, and imported over samus' missiles without textures.

Everything else I try just ends up crashing the game though. Except a random model of Bart Simpson which didn't show up, but didn't crash.

We're one step closer to Bart simpson in smash...

Last edited by kangaroogreen,

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the model converter kind of works. I got the model of duck hunt's can to be exported, and imported over samus' missiles without textures.

Everything else I try just ends up crashing the game though. Except a random model of Bart Simpson which didn't show up, but didn't crash.

I'm trying to use the model converter but I can't find the obj file I need. :/

gdkchan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried to replace textures in Smash .bch files; all textures were the original size.
Pressing R to go into training room triggers an infinite loading screen.
Can you send me the original and modified bch files?

Can you give a list of the files that works and the ones that doesn't? That is, the relevant paths to the files.

Well there be a Linux build? Or will Wine work?
No because it uses DirectX. And I don't think it would work with Wine either.

Last edited by gdkchan,

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can you give a list of the files that works and the ones that doesn't? That is, the relevant paths to the files.

Duck Hunt's can:
\data\model\fighter\duckhunt\can\c00\normal.mbn

Over Samus' missle:
\data\model\fighter\samus\missile\c00\normal.mbn

It didn't work using other models over:
Villager's bowling ball: \data\model\fighter\murabito\bowlingball\c00\normal.mbn
Pac man's fire hydrant: \data\model\fighter\pacman\firehydrant\c00\normal.mbn

But no matter what I do, textures won't show up in-game when a model has been imported.

Last edited by kangaroogreen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.