ROM Hack [WIP] New Super Classic Mario (NSMB2 ROM Hack)

TheBeefBai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am exited to play your game in future...
Is there a Simple way to play it like Smash Mods?

It's a romfs replacement used by lumas layeredfs game patching function. I might concider also making a .cia version for completely seperate save fuctionality with the original game

Reactions: plug313

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
EXCELENTE TRABAJO!! Pero como hago para descargar el CIA en instalarlo con el fbi en mi 3DS?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EXCELENT WORK!!! please version CIA? for install FBI in my 3DS?
I don't see the point of a CIA build for a ROMhack that's only in beta.

Reactions: CrazyMaxx

Deleted member 442567

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
View attachment 111526

Hey guys!

Welcome to the official thread for New Super Classic Mario, my new rom hack for NSMB2 that aims to recreate most the classic Super Mario levels from the NES (and some surprise extra levels) in the better engine and with better graphics! Below are some screenshots of the level.

View attachment 95224
View attachment 95192
View attachment 95193

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=UPDATE=-​
-09/08/17-

*Added levels 1-2 and Beta 1-3
*Swapped the Course Clear jingle to the remixed Classic Clear Music
*Created the first Demo archive which is available below!

-24/08/17-

*Added Levels 1-Tower through to 1-Castle (Basically World 1 is finished!)
*Added final version of 1-3
*Added Star Coins to all World 1 levels

-19/01/18-
*Added levels 2-1 and 2-2
*Added 4 new tiles to the Underwater Tileset - 3 Coral tiles and 1 new platform tile
*Added some custom music to the Titlescreen and the Starman theme
*Added the final version of the title logo redone by SuperML on NSMBHD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-=TODO=-​
-09/08/17-

*Source a good .bcstm of the original SMB Overworld Theme
*Create a Custom Title Screen (Any help would be greatly appreciated, PM me if you would like to help!)
*Work out how to implement Star Coins
*Fix 1-3

-24/08/17-

*Still need Custom Music...
*Possibly replace Mario and Luigi's textures to give the their colour schemes from Either SMB or SMB3
*Start work on World 2

-19/01/18-
*Recolour Mario and Luigi
*Add more custom music to the rest of the game with help from Gimzie from Super Mario Bros. Next
*Finish World 2
*Add more custom tilesets
*Post updates more regularly :yay3ds:

-=DOWNLOADS=-
https://github.com/SpeedxxGaming/NewSuperClassicMario.git

-=DISCORD=-​
https://discord.gg/Z9QWtfY

Can i help you?

Reactions: virgodorado

TheBeefBai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I think I need to explain why I've been absent from both here and the discord for such a long time.

Basically there's 3 main reasons that I stopped development of the hack...

1. School
As many of you may not know, I am still in school doing my GCSES which requires me to study quite a lot. I've been getting homeworks non stop and so I've had basically no free time to work on personal projects.

2. 3DS Issues
I've had my 3DS since 2011 and I used it non stop as my main games console but, as most electronics do, it has finally been hit with the signs of wear and year. Hardly any of the face buttons with, and if they do I have to press them quite hard, until I start to hear creeks coming from the plastic shell of the console itself. I would open up the console and investigate, but I don't have a triwing screwdriver and some of the screws under the main backplate are striped so I can't unscrew them and fix the issue.

3. Slow Laptop
My laptop is really not good. It has a 1.5GHz dual core processor with a 64 bit install of Windows 10 on it, so it can hardly run anything. It is really hard for me to concentrate on making levels when my computer freezes up on my constantly.

So basically, until I solve the 3 issues, the hack is on indefinite hiatus. If someone wants to continue the hack, then please feel free to message me on the discord as any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and sorry for the lack of information...

SpeedxxGaming

Last edited by TheBeefBai,

enderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i have a link to the discord?
i'm not crazy tech-y, but apt on 3ds hacking, informed on rom hacking and have an elementary game design knowledge
and a shit ton of free time!

Reactions: TheBeefBai

TheBeefBai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can i have a link to the discord?
i'm not crazy tech-y, but apt on 3ds hacking, informed on rom hacking and have an elementary game design knowledge
and a shit ton of free time!
There shiuld be a link to the Discord server within the original post

sjkim04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
This IS some crazy stuff! Can't wait to try out the beta from now!
Please, if you have time try to work on it, I have a feeling that this would be a masterpiece.

Also, can you make a new like for the Discord server? It's broken, and I'd like to chat with people who is waiting for a full release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn