ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

HikikomoriSam

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone perhaps know where I could find the 1.2 update with v10 of the translation included? All the decrypting and encrypting stuff is waaaay too complicated for me, I'm pretty bad at those kinds of things :')

DB2293

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A friend of mine using a O3DS, downloaded the 1.2 patch with the v10 translation. After installing it it was still on 1.1. Anyone who has a clue?

MegaSpawnX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having trouble installing any 1.2 cia I find. Using N3dsXL 9.2 with RXtools FBI installer. Had v9 pre patched cia and 1.1 patch working fine. I keep getting this at 92%-
Install failed!
Monster Hunter X Cross 1.2 update (JPN) ...
Source: SOURCE_APP_WRITE_CIA (0X6)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0X20)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0X1b)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0X7)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0X6a)

Tried 3 different cia's same outcome. Any one else with this issue or idea on whats wrong?

Last edited by MegaSpawnX,

Phoenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, sorry to bother you again. This time is for an issue that a friend of mine has with the game and with the patch. His setup is: O3DS 9.2 w/ rxTools emuNAND on 10.5.
He installed the right 1.2 .cia prepatched update, but when he tries to launch the game via cartridge in rxMode emuNAND the game just doesn't start. He also tried with both Free Multi Patcher and NTR, but nothing.
Does any of you guys know any fix that doesn't imply the installation of the .cia version of the game? Thanks in advance.

cb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me to install this patch please! ima downgrade my 3ds to 9.2 an get cfw so wat i do from there?

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
right now the only way to run the 1.2 update with the translation patch is to extract and rebuild the cia update?

seems like a fairly complicated process and I could mess it up

EDIT: sorry, I just found the cia with the patch included.. let's try it...

EDIT2: forgot to edit, it worked perfectly and I even use it with NTR for added screenshot function.

Last edited by wiibomb,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@HikikomoriSam google "Monster Hunter X Cross"+"(JPN/EN Patch v1 - v10)" and go to post #884 from RainThunder
@Zouiguipopo dasding wrote NTR is not working, thats why he said to use the update cia including the files
@DB2293 i think his installation failed. To use 1.2 you need to uninstall 1.1 first or installation fails
@MegaSpawnX FBI seems to have problems with it, if possible try devmenu
@cb3 i'm using gw and don't bother with cfw, please read up reinands thread.

For thoose having problems using the update+rxmode, you could try to build a game cia including the update with major 1 and minor 2 to make it v1.2.

Last edited by liomajor,
Reactions: bomigoton

Daimones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the patch for the past few hours with no issues. But I just tried check my guild card the game crashed. Seems to be repeatable.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I'll try and do a few more tests to see if its character/save specific.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been using the patch for the past few hours with no issues. But I just tried check my guild card the game crashed. Seems to be repeatable.

Anyone else seeing this issue? I'll try and do a few more tests to see if its character/save specific.

No such issue when I checked, maybe you set an invalid Hunter title? Try removing the 1.2 patch and see if it still crashes.

ok my new 3ds is now version 9.2 what should i do from here to get the english patch guys?
Read
The
F'king
First
Post.

Last edited by justln,

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use a CFW that works with for you, search the cia game and update including the patch, install both using your prefered cia installer.

Thats the basics, the rest is up to you, sorry no step by step tutorial. Ask in the thread for the cfw u r going to use.

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS 9.2 w/ rxTools emuNAND on 10.5.
He installed the right 1.2 .cia prepatched update, but when he tries to launch the game via cartridge in rxMode emuNAND the game just doesn't start. He also tried with both Free Multi Patcher and NTR, but nothing.
Are you saying he actually got the cartridge to run before somehow? And we're not talking about a Japanese 3DS, right?

I'm interested in getting MHX to run the translation patch using the cartridge just for the heck of it really, but I'm entirely sure it's not currently possible for o3DS. A few problems stop it happening every step of the way.

NTR and even FreeMultiPatcher don't have room to run on top of MHX. NTR's clean mode ironically only functions with JP consoles.
rxTools region free does not actually apply to the cartridge slot.
Homebrew doesn't firmware spoof, so it can't even launch the cart without being on sysNAND 9.9, and it just blacks out if you try to do it through emuNAND.
Gateway's classic mode actually denies the update patch for whatever reason.

etc. To be clear, an n3DS + FreeMultiPatcher + the modified update 1.2 do work with the cartridge, but that's not an option for o3DS. I'd love it if I was forgetting something.

Phoenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are you saying he actually got the cartridge to run before somehow?
No, he wasn't able to run the game. And the fact that there is no possibility at all on O3DS just sucks. Btw, thanks for the answer, know at least I know that he isn't the only one with this kind of problem. Just to be sure, I also tried posting on the rxTools thread, just to see if anyone has found a fix to this, but I highly doubt it given what you said.

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, talking with the Cakes and Rei devs I believe they mentioned ARM9 access was a requirement for cartridge slot region free. Considering there is apparently some progress there, it'd be cool if someone implemented something.

ShyPlox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys my game is crashing when I try to edit the hunter arts shout outs, is anyone else experiencing this problem, I'm on 10.5 Emunand with MHx ver 12 with v10 English patch

Lyomak

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey guys my game is crashing when I try to edit the hunter arts shout outs, is anyone else experiencing this problem, I'm on 10.5 Emunand with MHx ver 12 with v10 English patch

You should read the main post, there's a fix for that there.

Like justin said, RTFFP. :P

Last edited by Lyomak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?