ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Aallaaniaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've just tried the "Lazy Method" to run MHX but if I want to install it, I got the error "INVALID_TITLE_VERSION" from FBI during the installation process. I use the patched version from the Thread "Monster Hunter X Cross (Main & EN Patch) [JPN/EN]" in the 3DSISO-Forum (Download Link: GDrive v9 [CIA Version]). Is there anything else I need to run it? If I try to start my normal eShop copy of MHX it crashes with an error and I need to reboot my 3DS (first I want to use the NTR Method but my game will not even start since the downgrade to 9.1 and the installation of EmuNAND etc....).
You cant link stuff like that here.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Fix Online Shoutouts:
All versions before v9 had translated shoutouts which are not editable and probably crash your game when trying to edit them.

Video Tutorial showing Step 2-4:

Sorry for german menus, but you should get the gist ;)

0) Download mhxsavefix
Download mhxsavefix.exe here.
Extract zip.

1) Backup your savegame
Open Savedatafiler on your 3ds.
Press right to go to the extdata tab.
Press down until you selected 00001554.
Press "Y" to backup the save to your SD. DO NOT PRESS "X".

Alternative:

Use the extdata dump tool from here.

2) Transfer save to your PC
DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT transfer your save over FTP!!! It will corrupt!

Power off your 3ds.
Eject SD from your 3ds.
Put SD into your PC.
Copy the folder "/filer/" to your PC.

3) Fixing save
Copy the file "system" in "/filer/ExtData/%DATE%/00001554/" in the same folder as "mhxsavefix.exe"
Double click on "mhxsavefix.exe".
Press ENTER to start fixing.
Press ENTER to exit.

4) Transfer fixed save to your SD
DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT transfer your save over FTP!!! It will corrupt!
Copy the fixed file "system" (the one in the same folder as "mhxsavefix.exe") to "/filer/ExtData/%DATE%/00001554/" on your SD replacing the old one.
Eject SD from your PC.
Put SD into your 3ds.
Power on your 3ds.

5) Import save
Open Savedatafiler on your 3ds.
Press right twice to go the SD tab.
Press down until you selected 00001554.
Press "A" to import the save back to your 3ds. DO NOT PRESS "X".

Alternative:
Use the extdata dump tool from here.

5) Check if everything worked
Start Monster Hunter X.
Load your savegame.
Open Startmenu with "START".
Select "Chat" and open it with "A".
Switch to the 6th tab.
It should look like this now:
n5DQJ3X.png

You should now be able to change them ingame.

Also added to OP.

Last edited by dasding,

Xelran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks dasding!

Is there anything that the save fixer can mess up in a worst case scenario?
Is it better to just 'start over/ignore' instead?

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks dasding!

Is there anything that the save fixer can mess up in a worst case scenario?
Is it better to just 'start over/ignore' instead?
it shouldn't mess up your save, it really just replaces the shoutout part with the default japanese messages, leaving the rest intact.
In the unlikely case of something going wrong, you should have your backed up save, which you can just reimport no harm done.

Reactions: Xelran

moghedien

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
@dasding there's also this homebrew that can dump/restore MHX extdata: https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-extdata-dump-and-restore-tool-extra-data-editing.378492/
Which is probably better then SDF since we can't link to that.
Also the FTP transfer corruption is probably due to transferring in ASCII mode. I had that issue with Filezilla because it defaults to ASCII mode for files without an extension, but you can just set your FTP client to use binary mode and it works.

yep it's because of the ASCII mode. But instead of people having to fiddle with their various FTP client settings i rather have them just transfer it over the sd card ;)

the extdata dump tool is probably a viable alternative, didn't test it though. will note it as an option in the guide

Pamizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I reupdated my 3DS and patched everything but when i run the game it isn't translated and i still can't get online. I did everything correctly. Do I need to add gateway or CFW to my 3DS. I used the homebrew to patch it via the e shop but when I run it in Region Free on the homebrew the game runs but nothing is translated and updated.

Its USA version with the recent 10.3 firmware on the Old 3DS

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Ok I reupdated my 3DS and patched everything but when i run the game it isn't translated and i still can't get online. I did everything correctly. Do I need to add gateway or CFW to my 3DS. I used the homebrew to patch it via the e shop but when I run it in Region Free on the homebrew the game runs but nothing is translated and updated.

Its USA version with the recent 10.3 firmware on the Old 3DS
You obviously did not everything correctly. You can't play the patch on 10.3 atm. You need CFW. Reread the OP.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i cant wait until we can use this with hans
Remember: HANS is not supporting the n3ds c stick. We dont know if it will in future. It is told that mhx and hans is fixable. But the c stick bug maybe stays?
Smea announced hax 3.0. Lets see what it brings. There is nothing we can demand.

My opinion: downgraded n3ds to 9.2 with rxtools is the best! Use your chance now before 10.4 drops, as dasding statet in the first post!

Edit: dont forget to get your MHX item pack today from capcom!

Last edited by bomigoton,

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
If I never went online and have been playing offline since the first patch but am now on V9, do I need to do any of this?
If you need to do this depends on if you want to use the shoutouts and if you created your save and/or (not sure) started mhx the first time under a patched version.
There is literally no harm doing this even if you don't need to.

Reactions: GameSystem

Pamizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I have one more question.

I have CFW now and I installed the English patch plus the recent update cia. When I tried to run the game on the CFW, the game card cannot be detected. Is there anything I need to do. The CFW I'm using is rxtools. LIke I said earlier I'm new to all of this so any help is appreciated :)

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
ok I have one more question.

I have CFW now and I installed the English patch plus the recent update cia. When I tried to run the game on the CFW, the game card cannot be detected. Is there anything I need to do. The CFW I'm using is rxtools. Like I said earlier I'm new to all of this so any help is appreciated :)
Please read the OP very carefully. The CIA Method very clearly states that you need to install the game as cia. Before asking more quesstions also read the FAQ.

Tyler Martin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember: HANS is not supporting the n3ds c stick. We dont know if it will in future. It is told that mhx and hans is fixable. But the c stick bug maybe stays?
Smea announced hax 3.0. Lets see what it brings. There is nothing we can demand.

My opinion: downgraded n3ds to 9.2 with rxtools is the best! Use your chance now before 10.4 drops, as dasding statet in the first post!

Edit: dont forget to get your MHX item pack today from capcom!
well for one i havent gotten my copy of it yet and i cant downgrade i get nothin but cia file info error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1