ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

MegaSpawnX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a pro at any of this so if what I say is garbage, give me a break. However if you're using CIAs, why not just download the prepatched CIA that has the english translation patch already installed on it? That's what I do. No need for the plug in and what not. Dunno if this set up works for you, as I only know my set up, and barely that. :P There should be a MHX v7 CIA out there.
Pasta fails to launch mhx for some odd reason. It gets to the 3rd or 4th screen and causes console to reboot. The patch isn't the problem now just running the game is. I have Uninstalled and installed a prepatched Cia v6 and it will finally work again. It's weird that my original fresh Cia would just stop booting but it did even after fresh installs. when I did the v1.1 update to the prepatched cia so I can play online it but it does the inifinte 3ds screen. Maybe I have a bad v1.1 Cia update?

Last edited by MegaSpawnX,

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pasta fails to launch mhx for some odd reason. It gets to the 3rd or 4th screen and causes console to reboot. The patch isn't the problem now just running the game is. I have Uninstalled and installed a prepatched Cia v6 and it will finally work again but when I did the v1.1 update to mhx so I can play online it but it does the inifinte 3ds screen. Maybe I have a bad v1.1 Cia update?

Sorry mate I will use your post to make a little question here: Once I got memchunkhax2 to downgrade my N3DS XL to 9.2, which would be the best CFW to install? NTR and RX Tools, like in that tutorial:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

Is this one gonna cause problems in loading the game? Patched or not, I understood that the two ways are possible when you can launch .cia

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Patch v8

Download (1.0)
Download (1.1)

Changelog:
  • Added palico weapon categories
  • Added essential cave guide dialog
  • Added various menu dialogs
  • Added equip shop scrap creation items
  • Added last entries for palico status
  • Added more quest objective translations
  • Added more palico scrap menu items
  • Added more DLC dialog translations
  • Added online faint popup
  • More courier items added
  • more weapons and other stuff (community)
  • fixed all reported issues since last update
Happy New Year!

We now have 32351 translated lines in v8 (v1 had 23261).

Last edited by dasding,

kantana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Patch v8

Download (1.0)
Download (1.1)

Changelog:
  • Added online faint message
Happy New Year!

Dasding, did you forget to update the version number on the title screen as it still says v7?

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Using the V8 1.1 patch, I can see lots more translations but as katana said, it still shows v7 on the title.

Thanks for the update!

Hikenkami

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Again, totaly useless post, but thank you dasding, you and all the people working on this project, your work is more than greatly appreciated and an invaluable asset for people who love Monster Hunter series. I cannot wait to get memchunkhax 2 to downgrade my 3DS and finally be able to install the patch!!

Reactions: bomigoton

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great to see another update roll out. If the backup of my cartridge is 1.0, but I have the 1.1 patch installed on my 3DS, which download link should I work from? I haven't really looked into methods for permanently applying the 1.1 patch, so I'm wondering if the 1.1 link is more for people who somehow did that.

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
Great to see another update roll out. If the backup of my cartridge is 1.0, but I have the 1.1 patch installed on my 3DS, which download link should I work from? I haven't really looked into methods for permanently applying the 1.1 patch, so I'm wondering if the 1.1 link is more for people who somehow did that.

The difference between the two links is the layeredfs plugin. So it's only important for NTR Plugin users to choose the correct link. CIA patcher can download either because the patched files in there are exactly the same.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Again, totaly useless post, but thank you dasding, you and all the people working on this project, your work is more than greatly appreciated and an invaluable asset for people who love Monster Hunter series. I cannot wait to get memchunkhax 2 to downgrade my 3DS and finally be able to install the patch!!

I have 2 questions:

1. As we wait for the possibility to downgrade the original firmware via memchunkhax, should we be on a specific firmware to do that (to have the same starting point)?. I am on 9.9 EU (new3DS). Will the current firmware matter or is it not known yet? In other words should I update now to 10.3 before nintendo brings a new update?

2. I have a new3ds MH4U edition, and an imported version of MHX (so i have a private header). When I will be able to downgrade to 9.2 and use a CFW, will it be possible to use the original cartridge and a manual installed MHX1.1 patch cia? I think this way I should be able to play online "safe" without getting banned as I use a original cartridge?
With a prepatched MHX 1.1 cia the id from my 3ds will be used to play online, as it is a EU version and I played MH4U online I will get banned from online play (most likely), right?

dasding

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Germany
1. I am personally on 10.3. In case of memchunkhax2 with downgrades it shouldn't matter much.

2. Best option is probably to use original cartridge + 1.1 cia + ntr plugin. If you want to go further there is the option to change the region of emunand (link). But i don't think it's really necessary. There weren't that much bans reported and they were all temporary afaik.

Reactions: bomigoton

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patch v8

Download (1.0)
Download (1.1)

Changelog:
  • Added online faint message
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Thanks to you and everyone else, I've been enjoying the hell out of this game! I can't imagine trying to navigate only in Japanese. Now if there was only a magical way to translate what Japanese players say in real-time. hahahaha. :grog:

Pixel Eater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best option is probably to use original cartridge + 1.1 cia + ntr plugin.
Thanks for a straightforward answer to my other question. I don't really see how using the NTR plugin is possible. I mean, you have to be on 9.2 to do anything with that, and isn't it true NTR is encountering an error when you load the cartridge? For me even though I'm on CFW with 9.2, it would only load a looping Nintendo 3DS logo. I didn't know if that was due to the cartridge requiring 9.9, or a problem with NTR or what. Did anyone actually get cartridge + NTR working?

stefan07045

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello dasding,( my English is very bad) first I have to say that you and all the people behind this are the best and you are making a great job, my question is that you will translate the dialogs from the npcs to know what the story of mhx is about? It will be great
Thanks again

_eyCaRambA_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello dasding,( my English is very bad) first I have to say that you and all the people behind this are the best and you are making a great job, my question is that you will translate the dialogs from the npcs to know what the story of mhx is about? It will be great
Thanks again
The goal is not to translate every NPC dialog, but have most or all uis, menus, skills, items and weapons translated.

Right there in the first post. Not gonna happen unless somebody in the community with advanced Japanese skills shows up and tackles this, presumably.

stefan07045

Trophies
XP
Country
Right there in the first post. Not gonna happen unless somebody in the community with advanced Japanese skills shows up and tackles this, presumably.
I have a Japanese friend but I don't know how to do the translation, we'll we will have to wait, anyway great job dasding

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1