ROM Hack [WIP] MHX Translation Patch (ENG)

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I installed the MHX v1.1 update but I want to remove it, should I just delete it from the Ext Data section of the software tab in the System Settings?

I can reinstall it when I need it again but I'm worried my save will be removed as well.

munchluxe63

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi I installed the MHX v1.1 update but I want to remove it, should I just delete it from the Ext Data section of the software tab in the System Settings?

I can reinstall it when I need it again but I'm worried my save will be removed as well.

No worries, removing the update will not remove your save file.

Source: I've just done this. Also, you should be backing up your save file anyway.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do i back up the mhx save data on my original Japanese 3ds? On my US new 3ds when selecting a game there's a little arrow in the bottom left hand corner of the screen that when clicked, offers to back up save data. However on the Japanese O3ds, there's no such arrow.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, it just deletes my save file but not the update. So there must be another way to delete the update without deleting the save file... I tried using bbm and the settings way. The same result. I just kept on backing up my save...

CactusCake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I get how to do it but can anyone tell me how to patch it with my retail cartridge?

Please take it slow I don't get alot of this terminology.

So it seems like I just take the file and drop it on the root of my SD card. He says an MHX folder will be present. Do I create this folder or is it there already?

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I get how to do it but can anyone tell me how to patch it with my retail cartridge?

Please take it slow I don't get alot of this terminology.

So it seems like I just take the file and drop it on the root of my SD card. He says an MHX folder will be present. Do I create this folder or is it there already?
No use with retail cartridge you need cfw to use the patch

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So as mentioned before my New3ds XL is on a firmware higher than 9.2, so I cannot use the translation for now (and maybe never will be). I got the imported japanese gamecard as christmas present, and the game runs great with the region free launcher! Too bad I have no chance (currently) installing the MHX 1.1 update to play online. But offline play is ok for me at the moment. And if there is some japanese word I cannot look up in the monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/MHX or somewhere else, I take the google translation app on my phone, it works fine (has some problems with light backgrounds though)! See attached file.

With MHTri, MHP3rd and MH4U played the main part of the game is ok, and I figure the new stuff out somehow.

But I heard there will be a 3ds hacking talk tomorrow 23pm CET at the CCC. So lets hope there will be some progress in the possibilities :) HANS update for MHX would be great for example.
see this link:
events.ccc.de/congress/2015/Fahrplan/events/7240.html

Until then I enjoy this great game in japanese!

Attachments

• IMG-20151226-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20151226-WA0008.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 231

reiyu

Canadian, eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But I heard there will be a 3ds hacking talk tomorrow 23pm CET at the CCC. So lets hope there will be some progress in the possibilities :) HANS update for MHX would be great for example.

no, i don't think MHX on HANS online will ever happen. you will need the 1.1 update to go online, and you can't install game updates nor DLCs on out of region legit 3DSes.

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed version 7! Turns out it was as simply as deleting v6 and just installing 7. Was terrified I'd lose my save.

Anyway, v7 is looking great! Can't wait until the day when all the weapons/armor/recipe/hunter arts/skills are finished! Wish I could somehow help!

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Just installed version 7! Turns out it was as simply as deleting v6 and just installing 7. Was terrified I'd lose my save.

Anyway, v7 is looking great! Can't wait until the day when all the weapons/armor/recipe/hunter arts/skills are finished! Wish I could somehow help!
You can, go use Google Translate and attempt to do some work with the Google doc sheet.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sky3ds+ wont help you. You need a custom firware at the moment.

The CCC talk was great. The security introduced in 9.3 was hacked. Get ironfall and downgrade it to launch homebrew easier.
Then i hope we can patch mhx on firmwares 9.3 and up soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1d3daJ0HE