Homebrew [WIP] libkhax - Stable ARM11 kernel access

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ah, now I understand!! :D
Yeah, I think that for someone like me, a Press X to exit isn't the best stuff I've seen in my life ah ah! :rofl:
But as it seems you've done it very well and stable, it'll probably unleash some great stuff from all the crazy guys there, now I understand!
Good luck, dude!! And thank you for your answer!!;)

Reactions: Margen67

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pushed Steveice10's change to get access to all services to libkhax. Now, after calling libkhax, you'll have access to all kernel system calls (SVCs) and access to all RPC services (srv: ).
All calls? Including AM:U? Does this access remain valid for other software you run? I only ask because I've been trying to play with sysupdater which basically does nothing at all (for me... so far...) and the person who wrote it said it's because it didn't have AM:U access. Then the person said there is a .cia version on github, but don't use with GW on sysnand because it will brick. Now I'm confused... is there any other way to run a .cia other than WITH Gateway?

Edit: By the way, I did try running sysupdater after running libkhax, and it still doesn't work.

D

Deleted User

All calls? Including AM:U? Does this access remain valid for other software you run? I only ask because I've been trying to play with sysupdater which basically does nothing at all (for me... so far...) and the person who wrote it said it's because it didn't have AM:U access. Then the person said there is a .cia version on github, but don't use with GW on sysnand because it will brick. Now I'm confused... is there any other way to run a .cia other than WITH Gateway?

Edit: By the way, I did try running sysupdater after running libkhax, and it still doesn't work.

srv access does not seem to carry over between apps as the PID must be patched back from 0 after it's done getting access. You'll need libkhax integrated into sysupdater, or you can wait for StapleButter's legohax, which may provide the required service access.

kje123

this title is false
Trophies
Website
kje123.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this thread is active, but I just wanted to tell the dev that libkhax is broken under ninjhax 2 and above. (this also includes ironhax and tubehax exploits)

I was just wondering what exactly happened between ninjhax versions that caused libk to break?

loco365

Trophies
XP
I'm not sure if this thread is active, but I just wanted to tell the dev that libkhax is broken under ninjhax 2 and above. (this also includes ironhax and tubehax exploits)

I was just wondering what exactly happened between ninjhax versions that caused libk to break?
IIRC it had something to do with the Ninjhax launcher. I'm fortunate to still have 1.1b on my copy of CN so I still have such access, but I don't think it's something that can really be fixed.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ninjhax2 and the new homebrew launcher were made specifically for 9.3+ SYSNANDs. As such, there are no kernel exploits available in them. Purely userland for launching things...

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Ninjhax2 and the new homebrew launcher were made specifically for 9.3+ SYSNANDs. As such, there are no kernel exploits available in them. Purely userland for launching things...
It would certainly be useful to get this working on 9.0-9.2 though.
Not needing CN is the big advantage of iron/tubehax and it would be even better with kernel.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
Here is a version of CakeBrah with a 100% success rate on Ninjhax 2 and related hax (O3DS). It replaces Brahma's ARM11 hax with libkhax, adding support for Ninjhax 2 while retaining stability. It, however, does not work on N3DS yet, as libkhax will need to be updated to properly support N3DS.

Developers: Here is the pull request (and from there, the repository) if you're interested: https://github.com/mid-kid/CakeBrah/pull/2
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eigz92hojmnelrs/CakeBrah.zip?dl=1

please update it :rolleyes: @Myria

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would certainly be useful to get this working on 9.0-9.2 though.
Not needing CN is the big advantage of iron/tubehax and it would be even better with kernel.
Still can't be done without CN or something. You have to be able to run the freemultipatcher to use eshop to get youtube in the first place...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj