ROM Hack [Release] Fire Editor - Fire Emblem: Awakening's save editor

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You abandoned Java? I really liked Java... Oh well.
@Mrperson0 Also, if you go into a hex editor, use the search function find the character IDs for Severa and Kjelle( For Severa, search Hex 0725 and Kjelle is 0723)and just swap those two with eachother, they'll have the wrong parents afterwards but their husbands should be what you desire. I have a tutorial a few pages back on how to obtain two Morgans using a similar method, some of the steps there are similar to this.

So, both of the F!Morgans I've created so far don't show up on anyone's support list besides their parents'. Even when her and Lucina reached C rank, she still didn't appear on Lucina's list. Is there a way to fix this?

RainThunder

Trophies
XP
Country
I needed a lot of unsigned Integers, and even with Java 8 which allows operations with unsigned values, I couldn't achieve it...
You don't really need them. I've just managed to port the compression code to Java, by changing signed right shift operator to unsigned and taking care of every possible implicit byte to int conversion.

Last edited by RainThunder,

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You don't really need them. I've just managed to port the compression code to Java, by changing signed right shift operator to unsigned and taking care of every possible byte to int conversion.
Ok, then. As I said, it seems I'm not as good a developer as I had to be. I tried that for four whole weeks without success. Thanks for the heads up, anyway.

I'm already kind of far in the web app, so I won't be going back to Java, maybe later. I'm thinking of releasing the source code for the Java version, too, so that anyone can improve it, and even make it better than the web app I'll release.

Reactions: RainThunder

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Mrperson0 in a hexeditor from the start of the character IDs (so 07xx) go ~44 down in hex you should be at the support levels for the characters now. From here you should see 16 in hex somewhere down the line. Swap the 16 with the number before it for Kjelle and for Severa the number after 16. This should change the S supports for the characters.

Edit: You'll have to do the same for Gerome(0726) and Owain(0720). Their support list goes (other people), Kjelle, Cynthia, Severa and the rest. So swap values accordingly

Thanks for the tip on that. I can find a single 16 (I hoping that I am supposed to look for this and not the hex version, 10, as I see a few of those after each character ID) among a bunch of 12s and 15s for after Severa's and Gerome's IDs (they are S-ranked), but I can't find a 16 whatsoever after Kjelle's and Owain's (they are S-ranked) IDs. Here are some pics of what I managed to find (in order are Kjelle, Severa, Gerome, and Owain):

01 - Kjelle Hex Edit.PNG 02 - Severa Hex Edit.PNG 03 - Gerome Hex Edit.PNG 04 - Owain Hex Edit.PNG

Last edited by Mrperson0,

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the tip on that. I can find a single 16 (I hoping that I am supposed to look for this and not the hex version, 10, as I see a few of those after each character ID) among a bunch of 12s and 15s for after Severa's and Gerome's IDs (they are S-ranked), but I can't find a 16 whatsoever after Kjelle's and Owain's (they are S-ranked) IDs. Here are some pics of what I managed to find (in order are Kjelle, Severa, Gerome, and Owain):

View attachment 33152 View attachment 33153 View attachment 33154 View attachment 33155

Right, I forgot that Kjelle and Owain have a Fast Support.

For Kjelle change the value at 1B36 to something less than 12 and change the value at 1B35 to 16.
For Owain change the value at 1A4A to something less than 12 and change the value at 1A4C to 16.

Reactions: Mrperson0

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I forgot that Kjelle and Owain have a Fast Support.

For Kjelle change the value at 1B36 to something less than 12 and change the value at 1B35 to 16.
For Owain change the value at 1A4A to something less than 12 and change the value at 1A4C to 16.

Thanks a lot for the pointers on which values to change. I managed to end up with Owain and Severa being S-ranked (after viewing their support), but Kjelle is still an odd one out with her still being S-ranked to Owain (not sure if 1B36 is the correct value for her support with Owain), and I'm not sure which value of Gerome that I should change to have him S-rank with Kjelle as he ends up with no wife.

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot for the pointers on which values to change. I managed to end up with Owain and Severa being S-ranked (after viewing their support), but Kjelle is still an odd one out with her still being S-ranked to Owain (not sure if 1B36 is the correct value for her support with Owain), and I'm not sure which value of Gerome that I should change to have him S-rank with Kjelle as he ends up with no wife.

Oh yeah I miscounted with Kjelle my bad. 1B35 is Owain and 1B34 is Gerome.
For Gerome's supports 10DA is Kjelle and 10DC is Severa, so you swap those values.

Reactions: Mrperson0

Relic Song

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, both of the F!Morgans I've created so far don't show up on anyone's support list besides their parents'. Even when her and Lucina reached C rank, she still didn't appear on Lucina's list. Is there a way to fix this?
Based on what I've found, only the supports of the Morgan native to any particular save file show up up on other units' support lists. In my save file, Nah's supports with M!Morgan(they're at A rank) show up just fine on her list, but I'd have to go to F!Morgan's support list to find her support with Nah(Also at A Rank). Either way, the supports are there, they still give each other the proper support bonuses, so there's really nothing that really needs fixing.

Mrperson0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah I miscounted with Kjelle my bad. 1B35 is Owain and 1B34 is Gerome.
For Gerome's supports 10DA is Kjelle and 10DC is Severa, so you swap those values.

Finally managed to swap those specific pairings, and it turns out that the credits entries of them updated with no issue. Thank you and @Relic Song for all the help with the pairings!

Reactions: Olmectron

UnassumingVenusaur

In All Her Gay Glory
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on what I've found, only the supports of the Morgan native to any particular save file show up up on other units' support lists. In my save file, Nah's supports with M!Morgan(they're at A rank) show up just fine on her list, but I'd have to go to F!Morgan's support list to find her support with Nah(Also at A Rank). Either way, the supports are there, they still give each other the proper support bonuses, so there's really nothing that really needs fixing.

Okay, as long as they still work right, that's completely fine! Thanks!

Also, unrelated, but has anyone successfully used FEAT to extract/edit game files? For some reason it just doesn't work for me (does nothing when I click "go") no matter what file I try. Does anyone know how I could go about extracting and editing, say, a .bin.lz (so I can play around with support convos) without using that tool? Thanks.

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, as long as they still work right, that's completely fine! Thanks!

Also, unrelated, but has anyone successfully used FEAT to extract/edit game files? For some reason it just doesn't work for me (does nothing when I click "go") no matter what file I try. Does anyone know how I could go about extracting and editing, say, a .bin.lz (so I can play around with support convos) without using that tool? Thanks.

You should be able to just drag the .bin.lz file to the program and extract the files there. Text files should get you a .bin and a .txt. To rebuild just drag the .txt file that you edited.

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Going from the OP this is something yet unconfirmed.

I can confirm that the latest version works flawlessly with the digital European copy.

Stahl, or anyone else for that matter, can obviously not have Vantage+

ujdOcoj.png

Last edited by Favna, , Reason: Picture proof

kkurapika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my save file got corrupted for whatever reason - 50 hours into the game on hard mode down the drain...

Can this tool help me recreate my save? Like can I start a new save and use this tool to set my progress at up to chapter 14 cleared?

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Going from the OP this is something yet unconfirmed.

I can confirm that the latest version works flawlessly with the digital European copy.

Stahl, or anyone else for that matter, can obviously not have Vantage+

ujdOcoj.png
Thanks for confirming it! And yeah, I was kind of sure that it worked, and several people commented it for past versions, but none confirmed about the last ones after 0.5 alpha. Thanks for your help! And, by the way, maybe it's a bad question, but how did you do your image of the game in a N3DS? Did you generate it manually, or used some existing tool I'm unaware of?

Thanks for commenting!

---

And everyone, please don't fight. Not everyone is able to read all of the pages of a post. If you are able, then it's good. But if you lack the time, it's okay too. What matters is to help the community whatever way you can. And I'm talking about everything in GBATemp, not only this thread.

Last edited by Olmectron,

torchick11

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for confirming it! And yeah, I was kind of sure that it worked, and several people commented it for past versions, but none confirmed about the last ones after 0.5 alpha. Thanks for your help! And, by the way, maybe it's a bad question, but how did you do your image of the game in a N3DS? Did you generate it manually, or used some existing tool I'm unaware of?

Thanks for commenting!

---

And everyone, please don't fight. Not everyone is able to read all of the pages of a post. If you are able, then it's good. But if you lack the time, it's okay too. What matters is to help the community whatever way you can.

Looks like he took the photo's with homebrew then photoshopped it.

Philip3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I try to decompress the save folder I get a error. I tried using Save Data Filer, sdvt, and Save Data Manager.

Olmectron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Whenever I try to decompress the save folder I get a error. I tried using Save Data Filer, sdvt, and Save Data Manager.
What are your files in the save folder?

Edit: Make sure you're using the latest version of the Fire Emblem Save Tool and that you have the Global file in your folder, as well as the Chapter0 files at least. If you only have a Chapter1 file, but not Chapter0, the Fire Emblem Save Tool doesn't work. If this is the case, you can rename your Chapter1 or Chapter2 file to Chapter0, and it will work.

Last edited by Olmectron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, fine i guess