ROM Hack [WIP] Fire Emblem Fates Randomizer

cloudcraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my game keeps freezing in chapter 6 after I've chosen a side and finished the battle, as my character is talking to themselves and leaving the stage before they run off the game always freezes,I've tried replaying that section multiple times and the same thing always happens in the same spot does anyone know how to fix this?

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have another problem. I'm at the step where you must open and verify the GameData file. My Java is up to date, but nothing happens. What do I do?

Also, is every bin.lz file supposed to be decompressed to bin? Many of my bins were fine, but things such as Seq_DiningCooking.bin.lz and Seq_JailPrevail.bin.lz are unchanged. Should I decompress them?

Last edited by Ringside_Trash,

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, sorry if this sounds annoying and tedious, but could anyone show a screenshot of how the storage folder is supposed to look. (I'm using HANS btw)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, sorry if this sounds annoying and tedious, but could anyone show a screenshot of how the storage folder is supposed to look. (I'm using HANS btw)

On computer:
<storage folder name> (i.e. Randomizer Files)
-castle
-GameData
-m
-Scripts

On SD card:
sd:/hans/<last 8 digits of your game's title ID>.romfs (i.e. 00179400.romfs) for US Birthright's title ID)

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On computer:
<storage folder name> (i.e. Randomizer Files)
-castle
-GameData
-m
-Scripts

On SD card:
sd:/hans/<last 8 digits of your game's title ID>.romfs (i.e. 00179400.romfs) for US Birthright's title ID)

In "GameData" is there supposed to be Castle, Dispos, Person, and GameData.bin?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I fixed everything, but the Randomizer does nothing, even after I wait for a text box, nothing.

Also, there are multiple bin.lz's in the original romfs folder, like MyRoom.bin.lz, do I do nothing to them?
You only need GameData.bin.lz. I can't help you with the Randomizer not working though.

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only need GameData.bin.lz. I can't help you with the Randomizer not working though.

I turned every necessary bin.lz to bin except for GameData.bin.lz, and everything is right. I want to give up, but I don't know if the brain dump i did has to be undumped and put back. What should I do?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH MY JESUS HIMSELF, THANK YOU! I've always wanted to randomize a fire emblem fates game.
Once you're done randomizing, you compress them again, and put them back in the hans folder? (Also, what's the romf code for US Conquest?)
You compress them, then you have to rebuild the romfs to use it with HANS. Instructions and link to the romfs builder are in the first post. The romfs code for US Conquest is 00179600.romfs.

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You compress them, then you have to rebuild the romfs to use it with HANS. Instructions and link to the romfs builder are in the first post. The romfs code for US Conquest is 00179600.romfs.
Wait, FEAT isn't compressing the bin files???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

EDIT: I used the build of FEAT with the Randomizer, compressed perfectly! How do I use the romfs builder, do I just place my storage folder in the romfs?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: I used the build of FEAT with the Randomizer, compressed perfectly! How do I use the romfs builder, do I just place my storage folder in the romfs?
Open the folder with the open option in ROMFS Builder, click go, then wait for it to do its thing. When asked for a name, enter the .romfs name I gave you for Conquest.

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open the folder with the open option in ROMFS Builder, click go, then wait for it to do its thing. When asked for a name, enter the .romfs name I gave you for Conquest.
Thank you for helping me, I hope my problems her could help anyone else with the same problems.

Also, how do you play the new romf?

EDIT: I figured out how to PLAY the romf, but it says invalid, despite the fact I used the name you gave me for US Conquest, what did I do wrong? I romf build the whole storage folder.

Also, is the US conquest 00179400 or 00179600?

Last edited by Ringside_Trash,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for helping me, I hope my problems her could help anyone else with the same problems.

Also, how do you play the new romf?

EDIT: I figured out how to PLAY the romf, but it says invalid, despite the fact I used the name you gave me for US Conquest, what did I do wrong? I romf build the whole storage folder.

Also, is the US conquest 00179400 or 00179600?
I already told you. Conquest is 1796. Birthright is 1794. You place the .romfs file in the hans folder, which should be located on the root of your SD card.

Ringside_Trash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found the problem. Apparently, the castle_join.bin was not compressed again.

I already told you. Conquest is 1796. Birthright is 1794. You place the .romfs file in the hans folder, which should be located on the root of your SD card.
Idiotic question and I might be in rage right now, but does the "hans" folder include a folder by the name of 00179600 or just the romf itself?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://youtu.be/N8pbnjvypQ0?feature=shared&t=958