Windwaker HD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by jjh76, Aug 11, 2017.

1. jjh76
    OP

jjh76 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2017
    United States
    A local game shop has a Zelda Wii U, but it was re-formatted and no longer has Windwaker HD or the original owner's profile on it. Was the download code for this linked to the user profile or the console?

2. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
    Games are linked to the NNID, not the console.

Thats why when people install CBHC and remove the NNID that bought the game for CBHC, they brick the console because the CBHC Game no longer works.

I am pretty sure that is how it works anyway. I just woke up, so I may be wrong. I am not a morning person. lol

3. Trumpasaurus

Trumpasaurus GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2017
    United States
    According to Nintendo, you can download it from the eshop even if it’s deleted.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13861/~/pre-installed-software-is-missing-or-deleted-(wii-u)

That’s not true. Explain how games are preinstalled if there’s no NNID setup before the games are preinstalled then.

4. TheTechGenius

TheTechGenius </Web Dev>

Apr 7, 2017
    United States
  5. jjh76
    OP

jjh76 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2017
    United States
    Don't know for sure about this, but from what I've read the Zelda Wii U didn't have the game pre-installed on it but instead came with a download code for the eshop

6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    I own the Zelda Wii U. It wasn't pre-installed, it came with a download code in the box

7. jjh76
    OP

jjh76 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2017
    United States
    Which brings me back to the original question - is the game locked to the console like with the original Wii and can be downloaded again, or is it locked to the account of the person who used the code?

8. racertj5

racertj5 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    United States
    I can almost guarantee it's a one time use code. But the game can be found for less than 20 bucks

9. jjh76
    OP

jjh76 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 30, 2017
    United States
    So I gave in and went back and bought it. The console's a little scuffed up but the Zelda pad looks like new.

Still on 5.5.1 so of course I went in and blocked the updates. Haven't decided yet if I really want to hack it though

10. biggan1

biggan1 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2016
    Why not?
    It's super easy, reliable and costs a fraction of the console to enhance it in many ways. ;)

TotalInsanity4 likes this.