OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.rewards1.com
XP
Country
Canada
ok so my Friend got a virus so i told him to reinstall Vista Ultimate and he did.Now his Internet doesnt work. His ROuter is DIR-655 Dlink his ethernet was working befor and yes his internet worked befor can anyone try to help me?

*EDIT*
His Internet Works on OThers Computers except for the one i told him to reinstall the windows on

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Router as in a wireless or wired to his computer? My mother's laptop had lost wireless and wired connection a few weeks ago and I got around it by reinstalling the motherboard driver for the computer.

Blfdgfdghd

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.rewards1.com
XP
Country
Canada
we tried every port. my friend said he was XP Originally so i was guessing the hardware was messed or not compatible with Vista

*EDIT* i mean like everything was wiped or something

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem before where my wireless wouldn't work on vista and I just repaired the connection several times and then it worked. Maybe you could try that.

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did you check the cable? If it stretches through the entire house I'd move the computer instead of the cable.

And technically the hardware in the computer shouldn't have any problems with Vista, unless you mean wiped as in tossed a magnet into the case. Any chance you have an XP disk? I'd check to see if the connection works under XP. If it doesn't and its not the cable, then check to see if there's any burn marks on any hardware in the case, specifically the motherboard.

progaor06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redload the drivers for lan and wlan find out what netwrok cards he has then go online get them on nother cpu put on usb flash stick install the drivers again.

Blfdgfdghd

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.rewards1.com
XP
Country
Canada
Golfman560 said:
Well if some guy at the store did it then I have no clue what that could have done. Just find a tutorial online and print it out and do the reinstall yourself.
The Computer Was Fine intill we reinstall it so what could this mean

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You keep dodging some of the help here. Did you or did you not install the drivers for the motherboard (chipset drivers)? After very wipe, you need to reinstall all related hardware drivers or they won't work. Sometimes, Windows has no clue what hardware you have on there other than you have some sort of hardware.

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Jiggah said:
You keep dodging some of the help here. Did you or did you not install the drivers for the motherboard (chipset drivers)? After very wipe, you need to reinstall all related hardware drivers or they won't work. Sometimes, Windows has no clue what hardware you have on there other than you have some sort of hardware.
+1
find what your network card is and install the drivers

this always happen to me

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Definitely yet another vista driver related issue. Do as DarkRey suggested
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: I get what they were trying to say but what the ad actually says is "we tried to cram a ton of...