Gaming windows live messenger not working

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When i try to sign in to windows live messenger it won't sign in, i get this error:

[attachment=352:error.png]

When i click "Troubleshoot", it goes through all the tests and i pass on everyone of them (there is no tick beside "Wireless" tho)

[attachment=353:error.png]

I could sign in last night (after trying 3 times) i can sign in perfectly to msn on my xbox 360. I checked the server status and it is up and running fine. This seems to be happening when i got my new wireless router, with my old netgear one windows live messenger worked fine.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats strange I can login fine right now :/

Cheater388 said:
Make sure that the wireless router firewall is not blocking any ports that make MSN connection successful.

I've checked and my firewall isn't blocking it.

Xcalibur said:
QUOTE(notnarb @ Jul 13 2008, 05:28 PM) Upgrade to pidgin

Miranda and trillian are also good alternatives.

I want to use windows live messenger, not some copy-cat

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Prime said:
Thats strange I can login fine right now :/

Cheater388 said:
Make sure that the wireless router firewall is not blocking any ports that make MSN connection successful.

I've checked and my firewall isn't blocking it.

Xcalibur said:
QUOTE(notnarb @ Jul 13 2008, 05:28 PM) Upgrade to pidgin

Miranda and trillian are also good alternatives.

I want to use windows live messenger, not some copy-cat

Just wait a little bit. I've had something like this before.

Also, pidgin/trillian/miranda are not copy-cats. I find them hundred times better than the bloated piece of adware WLM could ever be. And tons more customizable too. And lets not forget they're multimessengers so you can use more than MSN with them.
Rather than having seperate windows for AIM/IRQ/MSN/Yahoo you could have it all in one.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I tried to use Trillian a while back, but it wouldn't accept my IRQ address. Seeing as I only ever use MSN (apart from IRQ), it seemed pointless to have it.
But I agree, it's a commercial program from a big, rich company. Why the HELL do they need adverts all over it? The amount of people who have smiley bars or some kind of adware installed because of the stupid thing is unbelievable.
Not to mention I get errors like that all the time, that are seemingly random.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...