OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
is there such a thing?
I believe I've seen something floating around but now I can't find it anymore...

if there really exist windows for ds then more info and links are needed lol
yay.gif

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember i read about thi somewhere. Anyways, I think you are not ware that obviously you cannot run any near modern version of windows in the DS hardware. I think this was accomplished using a reduced version of win95 or win 3.11.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The only thing that comes to mind is this: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=211487 which is an x86 emulator (not for things like halo, but actually MS-DOS games).

what it emulates:
QUOTE said:
Currently DSx86 emulates the following:

* 80186 processor (which is actually a 80286 processor without the protected mode stuff)
* MCGA, CGA and EGA graphics
* SoundBlaster (including AdLib-compatible FM sounds) sound card
* 83-key US keyboard

There's also DSlinux, but that needs a RAM expansion in the 2nd slot for most things, plus the fact that it ain't windows.....

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that windows DS was a piece of homebrew that tried to look like windows. I think it had a text editor and a calculator... but really it's not what you're looking for.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fearofshorts said:
I think that windows DS was a piece of homebrew that tried to look like windows. I think it had a text editor and a calculator... but really it's not what you're looking for.
That's exactly what Windows 3.1 was!!!

lol

aneotoena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
fearofshorts said:
That's exactly what Windows 3.1 was!!!

lol

I remember those days, windows started, and I used to go directly to Restart in MS-DOS mode to be able to run games.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
whoah....those apps haven't been updated for years! lol

do you guys think that old dos games can be played on the ds using those homebrew?(the ones stated above)...that would really be something....

just found out about wintendos, ever heard of it? here's the site's download page http://wintendos.olympe-network.com/Telechargement.php

anyone used it before?

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
dysan said:

do you guys think that old dos games can be played on the ds using those homebrew?(the ones stated above)...that would really be something....

just found out about wintendos, ever heard of it? here's the site's download page http://wintendos.olympe-network.com/Telechargement.php

anyone used it before?

I think that DSX86 might be a better shot. Wintendos is not actually an emulator, it's just that piece of homebrew I was talking about before. The one that looks like windows.

DSX86, however, is an emulator, and will play extremely old dos games fine.
Just don't expect it to run Warcraft or anything. The DS just isn't powerful enough for that.

dysan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
fearofshorts said:
dysan said:

anyone used it before?

I think that DSX86 might be a better shot. Wintendos is not actually an emulator, it's just that piece of homebrew I was talking about before. The one that looks like windows.

DSX86, however, is an emulator, and will play extremely old dos games fine.
Just don't expect it to run Warcraft or anything. The DS just isn't powerful enough for that.

extremely old dos games? what do you mean by that?pre 1990 games? that's fine with me! lol

doesn't it have like a compatibility list or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8