Windows 8 Preview Launching Today!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Well, I found a neat little feature. Let's say you have Tweet@rama open. You need to constantly go to the side and scroll to it and call it forward. I found out how to split your screen between Windows Explorer and any Metro app. It'll look like so:

splitscreen.png

What you do is you go to the left side of the screen and pick your app, but you click and drag it out and it will split it. You can put the weather there, Twitter, anything.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
Well, I found a neat little feature. Let's say you have Tweet@rama open. You need to constantly go to the side and scroll to it and call it forward. I found out how to split your screen between Windows Explorer and any Metro app. It'll look like so:

splitscreen.png

What you do is you go to the left side of the screen and pick your app, but you click and drag it out and it will split it. You can put the weather there, Twitter, anything.

How in the world do you get Tweet@rama to work?? I cant figure out how to login. I can pull up the app's menu and click "login" but nothing happens.
frown.gif

loco365

Trophies
XP
LightyKD said:
Team Fail said:

splitscreen.png

How in the world do you get Tweet@rama to work?? I cant figure out how to login. I can pull up the app's menu and click "login" but nothing happens.
frown.gif
idk. I logged in and gave it permission to communicate with my Twitter account. I had no issues at all.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Team Fail said:

splitscreen.png

This is quite a well known feature...I didn't realise it worked with non-Metro stuff, but Microsoft have shown this split screen thing multiple times.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
Team Fail said:

splitscreen.png

This is quite a well known feature...I didn't realise it worked with non-Metro stuff, but Microsoft have shown this split screen thing multiple times.

Desktop Mode is considered an app. So it split screen just like any other Metro App.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Team Fail said:
LightyKD said:
Anybody have any apps that are not working for them?
For some reason, I tried using *'s in my Tweet and it wouldn't send it.
Pretty sure that's not what he meant. A small bug in an app isn't "not working". I would assume he may have meant older applications (e.g. Win 7 compatible apps) having compatibility issues with Windows 8.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, last night I installed this on my old crappy laptop.

So, it wasn't the smoothest experince. Which is to be expected since it's so early. But having a shit laptop doesn't help.

I liked what I saw. But I didn't like how IE looked when launched from the Metro UI, it was just.. not what I'm used to for a full OS.

I also don't really like the "Ribbon"(What Offica and Pain use) UI being used for Windows Explorer. But I guess it all takes getting used to.

Also, I'm not sure the issue here, but i think it may be drivers, but my screen looks totally shit now. But i am assuming it's a bug(or a feature!).

Either way, I like what I saw for the little time I spent with it.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iFish said:
So, last night I installed this on my old crappy laptop.

So, it wasn't the smoothest experince. Which is to be expected since it's so early. But having a shit laptop doesn't help.

I liked what I saw. But I didn't like how IE looked when launched from the Metro UI, it was just.. not what I'm used to for a full OS.

I also don't really like the "Ribbon"(What Offica and Pain use) UI being used for Windows Explorer. But I guess it all takes getting used to.

Also, I'm not sure the issue here, but i think it may be drivers, but my screen looks totally shit now. But i am assuming it's a bug(or a feature!).

Either way, I like what I saw for the little time I spent with it.

You do know this is a product of Microsoft, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: