[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well finally installed windows 7 pro 64bit last night

anyway first ques is I cant seem to move folders and files around in windows explorer/my computer, they seem to be locked in order and cannot move them
im pretty sure I could do this in every previous ver of windows fine without changing options

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I can see what you mean, the desktop still lets you arrange completely freely, but folders don't.
Even just viewing your desktop in a folder won't let you arrange freely.

There's probably an option somewhere in the folder options, but it doesn't effect me much I usually just sort EVERYTHING by Date Modified, Descending.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
me too, even with it on it couldnt move around files

btw I also noticed it takes about 30 secs for the comp to fully wake from sleep mode
I wake it and the desktop shows but you cant click anything for about 30 secs

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Windows 7 has it on auto-sort. The only options are those that are preset like date modified etc. You can't arrange it manually. The only way I can think about getting around this is modifying tags and using that to sort.

The wakeup issue. I'm not 100% sure, it depends on your specs. You might have a slow HDD/slow processor/slow memory/not enough memory. For me it's instanteous, but I have an i7 with 6 gb of ram and two 7200 RPM drives in RAID0.

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
found another glitch

sometimes icons like to disappear off the desktop when finished renaming them, and will reappear at a later time
not always but had it happen twice already

also why did they remove the create shortcut option when you are in the start menu

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That happens to me every now and then...I just hit f5 and refreshes the icons.

The shortcut option is in Send to... should be Desktop (create shortcut).

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah they hid it on me
thanx

also found the refresh thing
they still need to fix that

they probably should have waited a few more months to fix the few bugs instead of rushing to release it, though I guess I should have waited to update for them to fix the bugs before hand with a new retail product :/

also ticked off at the removal of the classic start menu option
some programs exist that add it back, they cost money however and various things to "unlock" them dont exist yet

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a thought - people with the icons issues: Is this the retail release or one leeched off the interwebs?

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want to arrange files manually? xD - sorted is so much easier, because you know where everything is
biggrin.gif

mrwienerdog

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's a question, but I have to admit that I haven't really looked around for the solution....

I had my download folder on my quick launch when I used xp and vista, but now when I try to pin it to the taskbar, it just gives me the libraries icon. Can't seem to get just my download folder on there. Is that because you can only pin programs to the quick launch? Is there a way to fuck around with the settings?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mrwienerdog said:
Here's a question, but I have to admit that I haven't really looked around for the solution....

I had my download folder on my quick launch when I used xp and vista, but now when I try to pin it to the taskbar, it just gives me the libraries icon. Can't seem to get just my download folder on there. Is that because you can only pin programs to the quick launch? Is there a way to fuck around with the settings?

this might help
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3784/change...ork-like-vista/

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIJC said:
Why would you want to arrange files manually? xD - sorted is so much easier, because you know where everything is
biggrin.gif
because I want them in a certain order

I dont want things I downloaded from utorrent right in between program files and something else

I usually just put them at the end, this way I know were everything is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)