Gaming Windows 7 network problem

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I was bored so I installed windows 7 beta build 7000.

Works fine, but for some weird reason it doesn't recognize my network adapter. It's "Generic Marvell Yukon 88E8056 based Ethernet Controller".

Anyone else have this problem? Or any idea how to solve it? If it's even solvable. Thanks in advance.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i think u need to update all your drivers manually
frown.gif

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I remember my wireless network didn't work, but I went downstairs to our home computer, plugged in the Ethernet cable, and it could connect, updated through the Windows update, found all my drivers, and they all installed.
smile.gif

So if it's a wireless connection not working, try wired at first. I'm not too bright in this stuff so I can't tell if yours is wired or not.
tongue.gif

zippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look up your motherboard support site and download the Vista network drivers which should work with 7. Generic Marvel sounds like a wired driver.

TaMs

Randomizer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
alex said:
I remember my wireless network didn't work, but I went downstairs to our home computer, plugged in the Ethernet cable, and it could connect, updated through the Windows update, found all my drivers, and they all installed.
smile.gif

So if it's a wireless connection not working, try wired at first. I'm not too bright in this stuff so I can't tell if yours is wired or not.
tongue.gif

Mine was wired. Apparently I just needed updated drivers. The ones I got with motherboard just didn't work for some reason.. Oh well problem solved.

QUOTE(zippy @ Jan 2 2009, 12:46 AM) Look up your motherboard support site and download the Vista network drivers which should work with 7. Generic Marvel sounds like a wired driver.

Thanks.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like it, personally, I liked the Vista taskbar(don't have Vista, but still, liked it better), but still, IT CAN RUN ON MY AVERATEC 3200! It's like a hand me down, my brother's first laptop before he started making his own. It sucks hard. But I put Windows 7 and runs the same, try it in VMWare at least. But I'm using right now.
biggrin.gif

Try it OSW, you'll be pleased.

yotamos

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hi,

I have the same problem

I got an abit IP35-E motherboard,

i cant seem to find the driver update,

can you give me the link where you downloaded it from?

supervictor

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem as well with the networking. I installed W7 in a different HDD and kept my XP Pro SP2. However now I can't connect to internet neither with W7 nor with XP. All seems to be in order as the drivers are installed and apparently working. Did anybody had the same problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: